PDA

View Full Version : Just remembered why I don't eat at the same time as the cats!!!

Booktigger
31-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I had some dental work done this week and can't eat properly, so am hungry earlier than normal, so made my tea just after putting the cats food down. Tried Ginger on dry only in a different bowl, and he ate a mouthful or two and then looked puzzled, as he normally gets them for supper. So, I put his food down, and he is in his fussy mode where it has to be mixed with hot water!! Luckily the kettle was on for my tea, but he tried to pinch Tom's food while it was boiling, so had to run up the stairs to retrieve that (it has Tom's medicine in it), and ended up feeding Ginger on the stairs, then had to sit with him and make sure his food bowl was out of the way. Made my tea, fed Pebbles (she was asleep when I put Tom's down, so couldn't put hers down), brought Molly's into my room cos she hadn't surfaced, but forgot to pick Tom's up. so had to do a mad dash for that, try to get Tom to stop stalking the bathroom (where Pebbles eats), and as soon as I saw Pebbles I had to go and remove her plate!! So my tea isn't very hot - at least I got some exercise!!

Snoof
31-03-2006, 06:29 PM
:lol: Ahh... A home without a bunch of cats nicking each other's food is just a house, eh? :lol:

Booktigger
31-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah!! It is just so much fun doing this twice a day!! Tom and Molly are the only two that eat the same food, and his has medication in, so I have to make sure he eats all of that (wont' harm the others, but it means he wont get the full dosage). I might start putting his tabs down his neck, then it wont matter too much if those two swap bowls. At least they all have bells on their collars that catch the foodbowls so I can generally hear a cat eating, and can do a quick head count to see if it can be ignored or not!! Tom is on the rehoming list, so it will be great when he finds a home.

Fran
31-03-2006, 07:06 PM
:shock: Blimey that is one complicated meal time BT :-D

Donna
31-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I was knackered just reading all that!!! You must get lots of exercise!!

Booktigger
31-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Feels like it some mornings when I spend the first half an hour running up and down the stairs to make sure Tom doesn't pinch anyones food!! Might have to start shutting Pebbles in the bathroom, but part of me is worried that I might forget her (although I go back about half an hour later to brush my teeth, but then she might not get to go outside - not that she would care most days).

dandysmom
31-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks for sharing that funny story lol Made me tired just reading it!:-D

Sweet
31-03-2006, 09:55 PM
It made me smile x