PDA

View Full Version : How Does Your Cat Wake You in Mornings

andrew021
31-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Once my three alarm clocks go off and I am still sleeping, that is Jet's cue to personally waken me.

She jumps on top of me and sits on my chest, tail wagging so it hits against my face.

If that doesn't work then she sticks her nose in my mouth, that certainly does the trick.

How does you cat(s) waken you????????

Fran
31-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Out of 5 cats, I only have one that tries to wake me up! Claude starts by licking my eyelids, if that doesn't work he then proceeds to lick my lips :shock: - he knows that wakes me every time (Yuk!!) :roll:

Luke
31-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Waking me up?
Nevah...the cats are far too lazy..i usually have too pull them off the wardobe top (they have thier basket and a duvet and blanketts up there) and even then they are still grumbly!

JemBob
31-03-2006, 11:13 AM
oscar just meows at me to death and if i dont get up he goes right up to my ear and does it the cheeky little man him! :roll: :lol:

andrew021
31-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Thats strange as sometimes I wake in the night and jet is sitting on the window sill looking out.

Whe I go to bed she comes up the stairs with me, I go into my room and she goes into the spare room and sleeps on the bed.

Its worse at weekends when I want a lie in she is there crying and trying every trick to get me up and get her fed.

Rosie
31-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Rosie sleeps on the bottom of the bed the dog sleeps at the side. When I stir in the morning to look at my clock she immediately walks to the top of the bed starts to meow and touch my face with her paw. Not always well received I might add;)

smudgley
31-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Some nights Smudge will walk over my hubbys face! During the night, for no reason other than her personal pleasure of getting him ratty:lol: . She never does it to me;)
However Emily, at 5.30am every day gives hubby a lovely massage - then gives me one! Stands on our tummies and "pads" away.
Yes we do have to get up at that unreasonable hour every day:shock:

Mags
31-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Cassie usually gives me a gentle tap on the face ..............except this morning. She obviously has a jagged claw which scratched me under the eye and drew blood! :(

carternm31
31-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Well Jaffa meows at first, if she gets no response proceeds to paw our faces gently, if still no response she will DIVE under the covers and attack our feet! :shock:

Shes so funny.

andrew021
31-03-2006, 01:57 PM
This morning Jet sat on my chest with her back to my face. her bum was nearly in my mouth, that got me out of bed.

Hreow
31-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Loud complaints and swearing combined with "poooooooor little kitten, me" squeaks. If that doesn't work, he digs through his litter-box. You wouldn't think that that would be loud/bad but you haven't heard him....

Sweet
31-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Violet is just the same as all yours! It varies from climbing all over me, to purring loudly in my ear, then I get a wet kiss or a cold nose! x

andrew021
31-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Maybe Smudgely, your cat dosn't appreciate being wakened by your husbands snoring and maybe is trying to lay on his face to smother him, ha, ha.

Donna
31-03-2006, 05:31 PM
My cats come up to bed when I go up and are either on my windowsill, on my bed or in my daughters bedroom amongst all her rubbish!!! They dont wake us up - they are good girls and wait for us to get up - then its a 100mph dash downstairs when I go downstairs!!

EmmaG
31-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Arthur will just come and purr very loudly in my ear and pad away

Bronwyn however will tap me with her paw(face, arm, hand - whichever is exposed) and if I ignore her she will do it again but with her claws out!! :shock:

Snoof
31-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Ninja doesn't come into our bedroom very often (we've known him to be in there maybe 4 or 5 times). If we're late getting up he will, however, kindly inform us that he considers this abuse :lol:

Dishrag used to sit next to my head, carefully watching, and when I woke (even if I didn't open my eyes) he'd start patting my eyelids very gently :-D

CathyW
31-03-2006, 09:03 PM
ronnie sits on the window sill shouting at the birdies n squirrels, and reggie stands on my chest fluffing like mad and shouts at me :cat13 they are both very vocal :lol:

Elaine
31-03-2006, 09:31 PM
I also have 3 alarm clocks, Eva, Bernie and Winston. Every morning, 15 minutes before my alarm is due to go off they decide I have to get up NOW:lol: Winston meows loudly while staring intently into my face. Eva jumps very heavily onto the region of my bladder while Bernie does his own impression of the girdleness foghorn:shock:
Eva actually tried to murder me in my sleep the other night by holding the duvet firmly over my nose and mouth with her rather large paws:shock: And purred sofly. Must have looked like something out of an old Bette Davis movie:lol:

Kazz
31-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Cleo doesn't get up in the mornings now she sleeps till midday:-D Hence I have my revenge now for all those years of waking me with a mouse, bird or something equally unthinkable in the early hours of the mornings for many many years so I wake her up she hates it:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

No I don't really I let her sleep on, and creep around but it does cross my mind. Revenge is a dish best served cold.;)

Mags
31-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Cleo doesn't get up in the mornings now she sleeps till midday:-D Hence I have my revenge now for all those years of waking me with a mouse, bird or something equally unthinkable in the early hours of the mornings for many many years so I wake her up she hates it:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

No I don't really I let her sleep on, and creep around but it does cross my mind. Revenge is a dish best served cold.;)
I bet you even give her breakfast in bed Kazz!!;):lol:

Emm
02-04-2006, 12:59 PM
my cats at the moment don't wake me up - they like to have a lie in.

In the past Sheng used to lick my eyelids and pull out my eyelashes to wake me up and Tippy Toes would put a single claw up my nose and pull - that used to hurt but worked for her it got me out of bed and down the stairs to feed her :lol:

janey83
02-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Tigger woke me up at 5am on Sunday morning wanting the toilet desperately!

But usually he will jump on my bed n walk around my head meowing, then he has a drink at the side of my bed then he will force his self under my covers! n lies next to me till i get up of turn over. then when I'm up he will follow me into the bathroom, then back into my room n meow somemore!

dandysmom
03-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Loud complaints and swearing combined with "poooooooor little kitten, me" squeaks. If that doesn't work, he digs through his litter-box. You wouldn't think that that would be loud/bad but you haven't heard him....
Oh, good one, Hreow!!!:roll: :-D

dandysmom
03-04-2006, 02:39 AM
I'm a night owl & like to sleep in...Patches doesn't sleep with me: Leia does, but waits patiently until I waken...she knows that since I retired I never get up at the crack of dawn anymore. When I was still working, Dandy, my little Singapura boy used to bounce around the bed & poke me with his paws; did no good if I rolled over & pulled the covers over my head, he just bounced & poked more!!! I miss him very much.:cry:

emma_pen
03-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Finn wakes us up by annoying us... scratching the doormat (or surfing the passage on it!), knocking things over, attacking the dog, hanging off the keys in the front door, howling, its all a normal daily occurence!