PDA

View Full Version : Casey might be going to a new home tonight!!

Booktigger
30-03-2006, 05:19 PM
We had a phone call off someone who wanted a cat that will be fine with dogs and kids. don't know how Casey is with either, so she is taking her on a trial basis to see how they get on - and they are bringing kids and dog tonight, so if I don't like how they are with her, then she wont be going. I think she will be fine, she is still overly affectionate, so maybe 2 kids who want to fuss a cat all the time and a mum who is at home nearly all day will be the best thing for her. Another thing I really liked was that she never asked what colour etc before agreeing to come and see her. Please keep your fingers crossed.

Donna
30-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Fingers crossed. Hope they like Casey!

Hreow
30-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Sounds like a good match, then. If Casey likes the look of the dog. :-)

Mags
30-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Fingers crossed for Casey!!

Fran
30-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Good luck Casey! Hope you have found your new forever loving home x

Booktigger
30-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Well, they really liked her, and she was fine with the kids - prob cos they just wanted to fuss her, and all she wants is fuss. The woman thinks she will settle in just fine, and they have had cats before. I am really pleased for her, and she did need a home of her own. I had to lend them a carrier, and said that she was best not putting the carrier near anyone with how she was with me (and she did the same in the cage). Put her in the wire top opening one, and she didn't go bonkers!! If I had known that, I could have used that one to bring her home in!!

Hreow
30-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Sounds great! Must be nice when it all works out well. Bar the missing her for a while, of course. :-)

Fran
30-03-2006, 06:50 PM
So pleased for her BT! Hope it all goes well for Casey now

Mags
30-03-2006, 07:02 PM
So pleased Casey has a new home!

Booktigger
30-03-2006, 07:02 PM
I am quite good (or maybe odd) when fosters go, as I don't tend to get upset, and rarely have time to miss them. I have told Pilchards owner that when Casey gets rehomed I will be able to take her (but will see how the first couple of weeks go before saying I am free), so unless a home is found in the meantime, she will be coming. And one of our other fosterers is going away in a month, so if her foster hasn't been rehomed, she needs somewhere, and she needs a home environment. And I certainly wont miss being woken up at 5am every morning!!

Hreow
30-03-2006, 07:10 PM
I suppose knowing that they will go helps, staying focused on why they're there and that you're helping while they are "on loan". I'd imagine it would depend on how long they stay as well. You couldn't do the wonderful fostering you do if you collapsed in a puddle of tears at the slightest thing - but I supposed you could get used to a longer-term cat. Apart from the five in the morning, then. :-)
One of the oldies I looked after was a very quiet and unassuming cat, but after she left there was an odd cat-shaped emptyness around. Kept lifting my feet so as not to trip (why *do* they do that?) for no reason.

Moli
30-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Good luck in your new home Casey!!

Sweet
30-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Really hope Casey loves her new home x

dinahsmum
31-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Good news all round! - well done.

Booktigger
31-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Hreow, yep, knowing that they aren't your cats, and that you are 'Auntie' rather than 'Mum' helps a lot. I do find it easier to let them go when they haven't been fully integrated as well - it is odd when they go and you walk into an empty cat room. The foster that had been with me 5 months was hard to let go, as he was timid and I had put a lot of time in with him, but he bullied my cats. Tom has been here 8 months, and has been fully integrated for months, he will be hard to let go, as I love him to bits. I can't wait to hear from her new owner to see how she is getting on with the dog - I rarely want to phone new owners, but do in her case. Suppose it is cos it is a trial basis at the moment.

Julie84
31-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Glad it seems to all be working so well for Casey. :)

Booktigger
31-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Well, they have rang tonight. She is getting on brilliantly with the kids, she found both her and the eldest fast asleep on the sofa earlier!! The dog is fine with her, but she is a bit iffy with the dog. She put a paw up to it last night (I had made sure her claws were clipped), so they separated them, and she did growl at him today. She thought that was a bad sign, but I have told her to give her another couple of days, I will ring her on Mon unless Casey starts being violent towards the dog, in which case we will have a rethink. I have never introduced cats and dogs, but I think 24 hours is too soon to decide if it wont work, I do hope I am right.

Booktigger
01-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Well, have just rang her to pass some info I had been given on, and she has done really well this morning, just a couple of growls, so they think she will be absolutely fine. She is very attached to their son, she sits on the sofa with him and sleeps on the bed with him, which is excellent. So unless anything major happens between now and next weekend, she will be staying (they have already bought her a bed, bowl and toys), and they will pop over next weekend to bring the carrier back and fill in the paperwork. I am so very pleased for her, she just wanted someone to fuss her all the time, and it looks like she has got that.

Mags
01-04-2006, 01:05 PM
So pleased it's working out well! :D

Donna
01-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Thats brilliant news. Well done!!

Fran
01-04-2006, 01:45 PM
So pleased it is working out well BT..