PDA

View Full Version : Cat It Spa

Julie84
30-03-2006, 12:19 PM
http://www.hagen.com/uk/cats/product.cfm?CAT=5&SUBCAT=514&PROD_ID=05500340030101

Has anyone got any opinions on this product? Seen one, played with one, got one?

I was overall very impressed with my water fountain by the same people, the quality of the finish, attention to detail and thought the Spa sounded very good. I have visions of buying it and it being completely ignored by my boys though so was wondering if anyone else had any experience of it? :)

CJK
30-03-2006, 12:30 PM
I dont have one myself but my brother and SIL do, and thier cats love it. Theyre always rubbing up against it and chewing it etc.

was thinking of getting one myself. But first on my list is a panick mouse and radio controlled micro mouse lol

Julie84
30-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks CJ - I think I will get one then. My boys are quite 'chewy' so hopefully they'll use their teeth on this instead of my shoes! :roll:

Hreow
30-03-2006, 02:11 PM
And miss the excuse to buy new shoes? :-) (Saw one of your hobbies was shopping.)

May get one for Rover as well. Though he's less chewy now that he has all his grown-up teeth. Spa, not shoe, that is. :-)

Julie84
30-03-2006, 02:22 PM
And miss the excuse to buy new shoes? :-) (Saw one of your hobbies was shopping.)

Shopping for the animals, it seems! :roll: I seem to be able to justify spending far far more on all the furry members of my family! :lol:

I'm not sure if shopping is one of my hobbies any more - the internet has made shopping an addiction! :shock: :oops:

Julie84
30-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Hreow, if you do decide to get one, here is the cheapest place I have found it on the internet (even cheaper than eBay!!): http://www.petutopia.co.uk/toys_and_accessories_3261.php :)

Hreow
30-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks! Of course I'll never escape with just the one thing...

Julie84
30-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Tell me about - the 'special offer' Spa just cost me £27!! :roll: It's the flat rate postage that sucks me in - I feel I need to get my money's worth (every shop's dream customer! :roll: )

dinahsmum
30-03-2006, 04:03 PM
There are going to be some spoilt puddy-tats!!!!!
Will 2 or more share, or does the first one to scent-laden it lay claim and keep the other(s) at bay? Not sure if I like the idea of sharing a pseudo toothbrush, but it is for cats not people! :)

Julie84
30-03-2006, 04:08 PM
I have only got one but my boys are brothers so don't seem to feel the need to assert dominance over each other (famous last words eh? Wait for the post... :lol: )I have bought replacement 'toothbrush' type bits though so I could change them if they did not share. I'd imagine it would be similar to a scratching post though. Cats scratch to determine territory but my boys share all their scratching toys and posts - sometimes they scratch together! :lol:

Kim
30-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I bought 2 a few years ago at the Supreme Cat Show. I am not impressed at all and I would save your money. My cats like it if I put cat nip on it, but then they likle ANYTHING with cat nip, however I left it out and they didn't bother with it at all. It is now taking up space and gathering dust in the cupboard. I also bought one for the feral cats at the animal sanctuary and they never both with it either! Only my personal experience though, some cats may enjoy it.

Hreow
01-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Or I could stay with this "spa", I guess.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/Hreow/mesmerised.jpg

Note the wet ear.
The tap dribbles water on him when he's looking for the drop down the sauce-pan. Devious, untrustworthy things, taps.

Julie84
01-04-2006, 02:14 AM
Aww, Rover is so gorgeous! :smt007

Tom agrees taps are devious - they lured him into falling into the washing up bowl the other day which left him a bit miffed! :roll:

Hreow
01-04-2006, 06:59 AM
Rover's only done that with the bath as of yet. He gets a bit nonchalant with the balancing-beam act on the rather narrow edge, sees a foam-blob that needs further investigation and then falls in. Takes 1/2 of the bathwater with him on the way up as well.
I do remember a time when I could have a quiet bath. Vaguely.

Nice of Tom to help you with the washing up. :-) Does he bat the foam as well?

Oh, and I just realised that I might have caused someone a painful download by posting a photo in a non-photo-specific thread. Sorry... I get thoughtless at times. Do my best not to repeat my mistakes.

Julie84
08-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Nice of Tom to help you with the washing up. :-) Does he bat the foam as well?

Tom appears to think foam will burn his paws off - must be avoided at all costs! :roll: