PDA

View Full Version : Which sports do you follow...

Naomi
29-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Carrying on from CJK's thread about football I was wondering what sports/hobbies do you follow/do, not including Catpages :lol: ?

We are a motorsport family, love our rallying. OH's an Official Marshall for the Wales Rally GB. He has competed at novice level and I had my co-drivers licence up until a few years ago but had to let it go cos of the kids and then my muscle damage in my back didn't help :(

My kids used to love watching Tractor Pulling too :D

I do spend a lot of my time now doing craft work with the kids, knitting or reading.

dinahsmum
29-03-2006, 01:53 PM
I 'am aware' of most sports and actually enjoy most ball-sports. I don't like motor sport (sorry Nae - too loud and smelly......but that's just my opinion and I'm happy for those that enjoy, to do so)
Rugby is my major sport, and cricket. I quite like football but not the nonsense associated with the 'personalities/overgrown schoolgirls at the top of the professional game).
I can't see the attraction in swimming, as a competitive sport (now see how quickly you can go frontwards, backwards, leaping out of the water, with one arm tied behind your back etc etc :lol: ) but agree that it is a great exercise.

Hreow
29-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Follow:
-Motorbike-racing. Would watch cross and trial if there was any on telly. And Paris-Dakar. Would *love* to do that! (fall off at the first dune, of course, but still. :grin:)
-Five-nations-plus-Italy rugby.
-Horse-trials - wish they showed more.
-Quite like the odd game of icehockey as well.
For the "do", read my CPpage

Fran
29-03-2006, 02:31 PM
All things horsey here! Used to compete at local level myself but not done anything for the last couple of years now.

Hubby follows every thing sporty!!! Drives me potty :roll:

yola
29-03-2006, 02:50 PM
I posted here but the darned thing has disappeared!!!

Not a big sporting person here, due to having asthma as a child, however in my teens I used to play tennis, volleyball and basketball. Took tennis further and played at club and county level. However both hubby and ex-hubby have astigmatism (probably why they both chose to marry me :roll:) so I never had anyone to play against.

I did play recently when on holiday with a good friend and was amazed at how well I did - I will be trying to join a tennis/sports club once junior is born to recommence playing as I enjoying it tremendously.

Mags
29-03-2006, 03:03 PM
I like football, used to go to all the Rovers home and away matches for about 10 years.
Now I like to watch the big clubs on TV.......also looking forward to watching the World Cup this year....

I like cricket, used to go to watch Gloucestershire years ago but now my interest is in the Test Matches only....

Tennis is another great favourite...but only Wimbledon and the Davis Cup. I would really love to watch a final at Wimbledon.

I used to watch Motor Racing at Castle Combe.....mainly because my brother used to write a column on it in the local paper and I had to type it up for him.:roll: Now I love watching all the Grand Prix's......love the roar of the engines when they start!

Hreow
29-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Cool! I can use that excuse next time someone badgers me into playing. Sounds better than "I'm rubbish". :grin: Didn't think astigmatism meant you couldn't play. Perhaps it needs to be severe? (Mine isn't.)

I...Took tennis further and played at club and county level. However both hubby and ex-hubby have astigmatism (probably why they both chose to marry me :roll:) so I never had anyone to play against.

yola
29-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Cool! I can use that excuse next time someone badgers me into playing. Sounds better than "I'm rubbish". :grin: Didn't think astigmatism meant you couldn't play. Perhaps it needs to be severe? (Mine isn't.)

Can't really remember with ex-hubby, but current hubby just can't see the ball at all and I think sometimes has difficulty focusing on depth of field; i.e., can't gauge how far away something is when it's travelling towards him. His DOES have 'challenging' vision - just the prescription for his glasses cost over £400 :shock:

Come to think of it . . . I get into a car with this bloke :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Yikes!!!

Naomi
29-03-2006, 06:52 PM
I quite like football but not the nonsense associated with the 'personalities/overgrown schoolgirls at the top of the professional game).

DM I could just imagine David Beckham running round the pitch with a school girl outfit on....ewww sends shivers down my spine :cat36

I like to watch the tennis and love to sit down with Louise (who's horse mad) and watch Olympia, she loves to see the big horses jumping

Donna
29-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Not really into any sports at all. Dont mind watching England football when the big tournaments are on tho!

candyshandy
29-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Love footie and I try and watch as many games as possible on Sky(especially Liverpool). I don't get much opportunity to go to the grounds :(

I also like watching Tennis and Golf :)

Kim
29-03-2006, 10:35 PM
I hate ALL sport. My dad loved most sport and it dominated our TV when was growing-up; couldn't escape it, only 1 TV in the house in those days, and it was ages before we had a colour TV! I think I have rebelled now because I just never watch any of it!

JemBob
29-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Formula one - ferrari

and england in the world cup lol

yola
30-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Kim, My Dad was a bit of a TV bully inasmuch as he ALWAYS watched wrestling. He would come down on Saturday, from his afternoon nap at 4pm and just turn over whatever my Mum and I were watching (usually some oldie film). It always resulted in a row, but he just wouldn't budge. As a result even the word wrestling makes me bristle.

World Cup?? I will watch it rarely, but only if England or Poland are playing.