PDA

View Full Version : Need To Share This lol

MBll
29-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Thought you might be interested in knowing that Im getting a NEW LAMP POST PUT RIGHT OUTSIDE MY DOOR........DEAD EXCITED I AM LOL

My very own street light lol

PS Fricken noise is terrible & the ground is shaking ? Hate drilling as it reminds me of the dentist which I freak out?

Naomi
29-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Ooo you lucky mare :D

Julie84
29-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Hope your bedroom is not at the front of your house! :shock:

We had to move bedrooms when the petrol station opposite (24 hour garage) decided to put a floodlight on it's fore court which points at our house! It was like the middle of the day it was so bright! :roll:

Hope they are quick about it and you can have a quiet afternoon. :)

I do generally approve of more street lighting though as I have night blindness and so find it very difficult to get around when it gets darker (and tend to cause myself many infuries! :oops: )

MBll
29-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Nope me bedroom is at the front of the house & the lamppost is right outside the window lol just wonder how bright the light will be when it ever gets finished as they have been at it nearly a week.

Julie84
29-03-2006, 12:49 PM
A week?! :shock:

Naomi
29-03-2006, 01:19 PM
What?!!! A week!!! Our council managed to do a whole street in 3 days.

You shouldn't be too bad if they are using the lights we've got, they are the one that are supposed to help prevent light polution but the council round here kinda defeated the object of that one by putting big door lights on the council owned properties and we have 3 the blighters shining directly into our front garden....we feel like we are being spot lighted :lol: but it came in handy when the nights were really dark and we were late coming home from a night out

yola
29-03-2006, 01:31 PM
I've got a street light just outside my gate too! Although it faced the road it did give off quite a bit of light so we planted a tree which has now grown to obscure it.

The light is less of a problem than the plastic bin which they've clamped to it and which the 'Friday night brigade' insist on torching on a regular basis :roll: