PDA

View Full Version : Lost Collar

Sweet
27-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Violet came in tonight around 6 p.m. in the rain and I realised about an hour ago her collar was missing.

Its bright pink with white spots, kitty shaped name tag, name barrel and a pink bell.

Heres my question.......

If you found this and didnt know me in person, would you ring and say you had found it??

Violet only stays local to my back garden, so hoping its in one of the Neighbours gardens, its one of those ancol ones which comes apart if pulled.

I will be scared to let her out tomorrow morning early before I leave for work, she is chipped tho and always in before I leave for work.

Big Boo :(

Snoof
27-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Yes, because I'd like it if people rang me about it if the situation were reversed.

Hreow
27-03-2006, 08:51 PM
*I* would, as would most if not all of the people on this list (my guess). Depends on how the neighbours are, or if a child found it and kept it for a toy?
Chipping is good, but that and collar better. Doubt it makes so much difference that Violet would accept staying in until you get a new one/find the old one, though. :-)

Emm
27-03-2006, 08:57 PM
if she just stays out and about quite close to your house then check all the hedges and trees close by - and ask your neighbours if they have seen it or ask if you can have a look in their gardens.

She might come back with it herself - I've heard of a few people whose cats do this

I would return a cats collar if I saw it lying around - but if people don't have cats they might not think about doing that.

Sweet
27-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Thank You for replying all, yes I would return if I had found. I am going to ask to check the neighbours gardens tomorrow, and fingers crossed and Violets paws crossed we find it, hopefully Emm she may bring it back herself x

Donna
27-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I would ring the number if I found it in my garden, but thats because I am a cat person. Some people unfortunately are not.

Kazz
27-03-2006, 09:08 PM
If Violet is like my Oscar then she will go out tomorrow and bring it back :-D

Mags
27-03-2006, 09:36 PM
I would definately return any collar I had found...

Cassie has lost several collars over the years......they have all had name tags on with a telephone number......not one has ever been returned :roll::(

random
27-03-2006, 09:47 PM
I would definately return it if found, what goes around comes around :mrgreen:

CJK
28-03-2006, 08:33 AM
yes i would for sure, cos twix has now lost four of his colalrs, all with name tags on and not one has been returned to me, so i know how it feels

Fran
28-03-2006, 10:38 AM
I too would return a collar if I found one. My cats haven't worn collars for years, so can't lose them any more :-D

Naomi
28-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I would return it to if it had a telephone number on it.

Moli lost her collar a few weeks back and the kids found it up the top end of the garden in the hedge. That was an Ancol one. The way I look at it, is that if she came home without it it obviously did it's job :D

janey83
28-03-2006, 03:35 PM
i would returne a coller if found with a name tag on and things. How you get it back quick, coz violet is walking around naked!:shock: :D

Snoof
28-03-2006, 04:21 PM
i would returne a coller if found with a name tag on and things. How you get it back quick, coz violet is walking around naked!:shock: :D
Why haven't we got a slapping smiley, cause I need one right now... Janey made tea come out my nose :lol:

Julie84
28-03-2006, 04:28 PM
lol at Snoof! :lol: :lol:

Poor naked Violet. I'd give you a ring if I found it, especially if it was such a nice looking one - wouldn't be so sure about any my neighbours though (most of them don't speak English! :roll: ). If there are any shops really close by, it might be worth asking in there as well? I have handed baby dummies into shops before that I have found on the street outside.

Kay
29-03-2006, 05:58 PM
I would ring the number if I found it in my garden, but thats because I am a cat person. Some people unfortunately are not.

Have to agree with Donna on this one. I think all cat minded people would but others probably wouldn't bother.:? :?

Sweet
30-03-2006, 12:17 AM
LOL Violet is not walking around naked LOL.

I went to Jolleys and got her a new bright pink collar with the loudest pink bell and name barrel - then had a new id tag done in bright purple!!! LOL so shes all posh once more!

But really would like to find her lost collar, its sentimental really and I love her kitty id tag on it also!

It was an ancol one, so must of got caught somewhere.

At least Violet is safe x