PDA

View Full Version : The basis of a good friendship is communication...

Snoof
27-03-2006, 12:11 PM
There's a cat who comes into the conservatory to eat Ninja's kibble. As we're not sure if he's a stray or not and Ninja couldn't mind less, we don't do anything to stop it (although we're finally putting in a catflap next week and he won't be able to come in then).

Yesterday, he was in there by himself, and right after he went out I went in and had a look to see how much food was left.

And found that Ninja had left 5 or 6 bits of wet food, presumably "for later"... Which the gingertail (as we call him) hadn't touched! He'd eaten all of the kibble, though.

I can only assume Ninja let him know in no uncertain terms that the kibble's up for grabs but the wet food is his and nobody else's :lol:

Julie84
27-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Aww, bless him. Ninja sounds such a love! :smt049

Snoof
27-03-2006, 01:02 PM
He's awesome :) And he's learning to viciously attack my hand with his head, rubbing it all over and shoving and pushing and purring and drooling on it :lol: It's very rewarding, after all the trouble we've gone through :)

Julie84
27-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Aww, you've worked so hard with him, I'm glad he realises you love him and you can both enjoy the benefits. He sounds like a much happier cat now. :)

Snoof
27-03-2006, 03:23 PM
He is; the difference is amazing. I'm just glad he's not so scared of me anymore (although he's been a little bit warier again because I petted him with my jacket on and it has huge sleeves, one of which unexpectedly fell on his head).

It's slow going, and sometimes really 2 steps forward, one step back, but... It's more than worth it :)

Donna
27-03-2006, 04:11 PM
YOu will look back one day Snoof when you have had years of love from Ninja and feel that the time he was hard work was so insignificant compared to all the good times you have had since! (does that make sense??)

Sweet
27-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Awwww sweet story, can I ask........whats Kibble?

Snoof
27-03-2006, 04:59 PM
YOu will look back one day Snoof when you have had years of love from Ninja and feel that the time he was hard work was so insignificant compared to all the good times you have had since! (does that make sense??)
I felt that way from the moment I met him, Donna. His time before he came to us was obviously hard and devoid of love, and even while he refused any human contact and lived in fear of all humans in our house, I think he was better off... And that makes it worth it, to me :)

But you're right - I have never gotten quite so much satisfaction from a cat's gentle (or not-so-gentle, he's very adamant!) head-bumps. It does make it... Maybe not more special, but more rewarding, knowing we've both had to work long and hard at it :-D

Sweet, kibble is dry food :-)