PDA

View Full Version : oscars breathing

JemBob
26-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Noticed tonight oscar breathing was very strange not snoring but more like whezzing this normal or do you think it should be a trip to the vets...i woke him up it stop and he seemed fine but i have noticed before him doing it for a few seconds then stoping while he was awake :?

Hreow
27-03-2006, 06:55 AM
My better half does the same when he has a light cold - same thing? :-)

Do you, in your heart of hearts, feel that he's ok? Then he probably is. Nagging doubts - off to the vet's. Anything inbetween - make a note to mention it at his next check-up. Is what I use as a guideline. I claim no expertise at all (If I did, I would probably be wary of diagnosing via messageboard.), but you know him so you're the best person to make the first call.

yola
27-03-2006, 09:52 AM
I know my Balie does that when he's in a deep sleep . . . it's not like snoring as you say, but a kind of wheezy breathing. However, he is a persian so I kind of expect it (but then my other 2 persians don't do this).

If Oscar seems all right within himself, then maybe just keep a close eye on him but if you're concerned at all a vet's visit would be the best thing (IMO . . . )

Julie84
27-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Murphy did this while he was sleep last night and I woke him up (he was NOT impressed!). I will mention it when they next go to the vets but it doesn't worry me too much and it isn't all the time he does it. In fact, he was sleeping on his back with all his legs up in the air last night when he did it so maybe that's a contributing factor?!

Good advice from Hreow I think. :)

JemBob
27-03-2006, 11:39 AM
thanks all! his check up is in a few weeks so will mention it while am there

Snoof
27-03-2006, 11:56 AM
If his checkup's in a few weeks and he seems to be doing fine, I wouldn't worry about it and mention it at the checkup. You can always make an appointment between now and then if something else comes up - but my breathing is wheezy sometimes for no apparent reason, and I'm not quite about to keel over...

You know him best, so you're the best person to establish whether or not his behaviour is in any way different or sickly.

Donna
27-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Agree with everyone! Just mention it at the checkup unless you get extra worried over the next few weeks.

Sweet
27-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Violet sends Oscar a huggle x