PDA

View Full Version : Hoax or for real?

CJK
26-03-2006, 05:17 PM
What does everyone think of these "big cat" sightings?
Must admit some of the very few images I have seen wouldn't convince me theyre proof of big cats existing in in the british countryside. But I have only seen one or two shown on the news lately.

Just wondered if you think it is for real or a bit like lochy?

janey83
26-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Ive not heard anything about it, but my dad has told me about one. So ill have to get back to you when ive seen a pic.

CJK
26-03-2006, 06:34 PM
i think there were a few cp members going to the lecture this weekend on it?

Donna
26-03-2006, 06:35 PM
I dont know. Think it is feasible, but no one has encountered one at close up. Always at a distance etc. Would like to see more evidence/closer photos etc before I decided.

Naomi
27-03-2006, 08:14 AM
The 'Baglan Beast' in South Wales does appear to be a hoax. When it was investigated last year, an expert examined the footage and it would appear that it is just a large domestic cat. Nobody had seen it up close, only from a distance on the mountainside.

As for others.......I'm not sure

CJK
27-03-2006, 09:55 AM
the thing seems to be they are nearly always seen from a distance, and the oens that arent are quickly discredited as a hoax.
Taken a look about the net on this subject, but havent come up with too much. I do find it quite interesting though

Luke
27-03-2006, 10:02 AM
A story....my great gran (80 years young) allways used to tell us stories of when she was in her childhood and lived on the farm in Wales..she used to say there was something in the water that made the cats grow big. And there was one incident, she says, where she was playing on the hillside when a huge black cat which was bigger then any of the sheepdogs they had on the farm( :shock: ) it streaked past her carrying what looked like the remains of a lamb, and apparentlly it was around the time she saw this 'big cat' that lambs were being carried off the farm left right and center and the paw prints were to big for fox yet a different shape of dogs..
It could be nothing more then the fading memory of an elderly woman, but we're talking something that happened almost 70 years ago and she can still remember it as clear as a bell....