PDA

View Full Version : Utterly disgusted...

Luke
24-03-2006, 11:19 AM
A neighbour just came and told us how one of her cats was blugeoned too death!:shock::shock::shock::shock:
Mitsy had dragged herself home and our neighbour presumed she had been hit by a car..so rushed her too the vets where she was sadly PTS as nothing could be done..the vet however thought something didnt seem correct with the injuries Mitsy sustained in cordination to the suspected road accident.

After a post mortem andsome further analysation..it appears she was blugeoned to death with something of a great weight and at close rang.
I tell you it sickens me it really does:cry::cry::cry: My two will certainly not be going out for a while i can tell you that..

carternm31
24-03-2006, 11:31 AM
OMG!!! :shock:

That is disgusting! i fear for my pets sometimes, i really do!

Its sick what this world is coming too!! :mad:

andrew021
24-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Very sorry to hear that, must have been very upsetting.

Obvious there are as many cat haters as cat lovers.

Luke
24-03-2006, 11:33 AM
It shows the passing of the times when a quiet cul-de-sac on the edge of the suburbs of Coventry now has iron fences around, so small children no longer have the blessing of being able to run straight out onto the fields..When one cant leave the backdoor unlocked throughout the day..When one can't even let their cats out!
God this world we live in!

JemBob
24-03-2006, 11:35 AM
:( this is one of the many reasons oscar doesnt go out :( love my little baby to much to see anything bad happen to him...plus he gets loads of cuddles and play time with his mummy if he stays in :D

CJK
24-03-2006, 11:44 AM
sick b******s!!

Julie84
24-03-2006, 11:48 AM
That is horrific. Poor, poor Mitsy and your poor neighbour. :( I think things like this just reinforce my wish to keep my boys inside.

yola
24-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Oh Luke - how utterly devastating for you neighbour - poor, poor Mitsy!!! I would be beside myself with anger and grief if something like that ever happened to one of my cats.

We've has so many instances of pellet gun shootings, poisonings, and even one poor kitty caught in a barbed wire trap that I keep mine under strict garden-only access. A friend of mine found her cat severely burnt after fireworks were tied to his tail and set off :shock: :shock: :shock:

The trouble is cats are usually such trusting souls . . . and this is how they are rewarded :cry: .

deester
24-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Its so scary and horrific. My mum read me an article from her paper a youth enticed a cat to him then threw it to his dog who savaged it. WHY? The whole incident was caught on someones home cctv camera. Is it so surprising that some don't let their cats out? As if the roads, farmers grass cutting machines, them getting stuck, lost or stollen isn't enough to consider we then have thugs and idiots like this to contend with... its just sick.

Mags
24-03-2006, 12:56 PM
That is so sick and unfortunately it appears to be happening more and more:(

Fran
24-03-2006, 01:05 PM
How absolutely awful :mad: I do not understand the mentality of people who do such things to innocent animals :mad:

dinahsmum
24-03-2006, 01:24 PM
:cry:
............but I can't help wondering if it might still have been an RTA? Poor puss, anyway.

deester
24-03-2006, 01:45 PM
:cry:
............but I can't help wondering if it might still have been an RTA? Poor puss, anyway.

Not sure about the original post by luke but this was no RTA...

Its so scary and horrific. My mum read me an article from her paper a youth enticed a cat to him then threw it to his dog who savaged it. WHY? The whole incident was caught on someones home cctv camera. Is it so surprising that some don't let their cats out? As if the roads, farmers grass cutting machines, them getting stuck, lost or stollen isn't enough to consider we then have thugs and idiots like this to contend with... its just sick.

Snoof
24-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Oh awful :(

Sweet
24-03-2006, 06:15 PM
I am totally lost for words

Luke
25-03-2006, 07:04 PM
According to the vet DM, the injuries internally sustained would not be viable with a RTA the only pheasable answer is suffering mutliple blows with a heavy object at VERY close range..it really has shocked me the world we live in!

CathyW
25-03-2006, 07:49 PM
so many sick ppl in this world,

Donna
25-03-2006, 08:28 PM
I am frightened to let me children out, I am frightened to let my cats out. What kind of world is this?

CathyW
25-03-2006, 09:42 PM
think even if i moved to a house now with a garden i wouldnt let my cats out now, id worry everytime they went out.

dandysmom
25-03-2006, 10:42 PM
That is a horrible story, Mitsy's owner must be so devastated...there are too many sick people out there, I remember the days when I was growing up, our cat was an outdoor cat & lived to 17. Both of mine are strictly indoors; I wish I could let them have the freedom that they would like, but with road traffic, free-roaming packs of dogs & sadistic sickos out there...UHUH, no way. Makes you wonder what the world is coming to...:cry: