PDA

View Full Version : Did she or didn't she?

carternm31
24-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Good morning folks,

I had a rude awakening at 6am this morning, the cat scampering off and a wet patch left next to my leg (trying not to be too being to rude :shock: )

Now I cannot be 100% it was her, we only have one cat, but next door have a Tom cat downstairs who likes to sneak in every now and again. And when I went to find her she looked just as surprised as me.

She has never done this before and now im terrified it may be something serious. My brothers cat got diagnosed with Diabetes last year and because his partner was pregnant, they decided they couldn't cope and gave her up.

I don't want to give my cat up and I don't want it to have to come to that. I know I am probably over-reacting, the litter tray was full (I've been slacking :() and she probably just did it to remind me to get back on top of my responsibilities. But, oh, I just don't know. Has this ever happened to you?

Could it just be a one off???

dinahsmum
24-03-2006, 10:04 AM
:smt039 Hi, welcome to CatPages.
Sorry about your puddle this morning!
Do you think the Tom may have upset your girl? Or that she is cross with you for not cleaning her litter tray? Cats are naturally very clean, so maybe that's it?
Good luck in sorting it out - let's hope a nice clean litter tray will do the trick.

carternm31
24-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Hmm well personally i think its the dirty litter tray. The Tom used to upset her and we had a smelly lounge for a long time! (she was addicted to our bean bag!) However i think she is passed that now since we shut the cat flap.

Emm
24-03-2006, 06:05 PM
it could have been because the litter tray needed cleaning but if you were worried you could always book your cat in to your vets for a check up - that might put your mind at ease :)

Sweet
24-03-2006, 06:13 PM
You will have to let us all know the outcome x

Donna
25-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I know my Chloe "goes" on my bathroom mat if the litter tray is not up to her standards - so I would suggest it was a dirty litter tray that made her go on your bed.

dinahsmum
25-03-2006, 12:27 PM
You might want to think about training her to use the loo, rather than a litter tray?
Here's a link http://www.citikitty.com/index.htm with great video!
I've got the thing ready for when I get my kitten(s). Can't speak from experience, except the delivery from the US was efficient.

carternm31
28-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Seriously? that link is amazing! ha ha.

Anyway an update. She did it because of a mix of both the Tom and dirty tray i think.

The last three nights i have had to walk downstairs with her and put my leg in front of the cat flap so she will go, other-wise she sits on the bottom step and hisses at the cat flap, sure enough when i open the door the Tom is sat on our mat (everynight so far) i shoo him off but she still sits there and waits for me to cover the cat flap. I also think he's been sitting on the bottom step as last night she spent about 30 minuts wiping her cheeks all over the step (and soaking it!) Fair enough.

So temporarily i have locked the cat flap, however its been 8 months and she still refuses to go outside, i dont want to have a litter tray anymore!

Out of curiousity, I am getting a dog next month, do you guys think that this will stop the tom from coming in, and persuade my cat to go out a bit more??

dinahsmum
28-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Doggy might well do the trick - as long as the cat isn't over-stressed by the dog's arrival. I would think it would discourage the unwanted visitor!

Fran
28-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Just a thought...has your girl been speyed?

carternm31
28-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, i had to double check a few months ago when she started getting fat and lethargic, was scared we had a pregnancy on our hands!

but i found her paperwork and she was definetely done.