PDA

View Full Version : Prawns

andrew021
23-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Someone told me they feed their cat prawns as a treat. I bought ready cooked Tesco Prawns and my cat loves them. When I go to the fridge after 9.00 pm, no matter where she is she will come into the kitchen crying, tail in the air, sniffing the air.

I have never seen her get so excited, every evening, when she is about to be fed them. She only gets them as a treat.

Strange as she will not touch fish flavoured catfood and wont eat Tuna or Chicken but loves mince.

yola
23-03-2006, 02:24 PM
2 out of my 3 cats adore prawns!! They love all fish, so when I'm cooking fish (which currently happens to be my pregnancy craving :shock: so I'm cooking lots of it), I have 2 sharks weaving in and out of my legs and one additional one who's just curious to see what the others are up to!!

The same 2 cats love tuna and chicken and ham too!

andrew021
23-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah Im the same, she weaves in and out of my legs crying until she has her dish put down in front of her and then its 'go away until i finish'

CJK
23-03-2006, 02:33 PM
never given my lot prawns but I'm allergic to them so never buy them.
HAve give Pf and MD coli and fresh cooked chicken, and they love it, well the moggies do too.

My pregnancy craving ( going off topic here a little) with elliot was fried chicken, hadda have crispy skin. With ryan it was bananas, anything, banana shakes from maccy d's, banoffe doughnuts, banans by the pound. And also with ryan choc swiss roll and choc custard, and hot choc!!!

my cats love tuna too. twix even nicks the seaweed from the take aways lol

Sweet
23-03-2006, 03:11 PM
I have never given Violet Prawns, she loves Baked Beans :? and I gave her ham the other night as a treat and loved that :) x

Julie84
23-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Murphy likes baked beans too! He's only tried them once though when I found him on the kitchen sideboard 'cleaning' plates! :oops: :lol:

The boys will eat a few prawns but not too fussed. Bought some fresh salmon as atreat which they ignored - they wouldn't even touch it when they were hungry! :roll:

bobbie3917
23-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Scarlott is not fussy on any people food at all
but Minx she will eat anything i have not seen her **** her nose up to anything yet

Fran
23-03-2006, 05:10 PM
All mine love prawns :)

janey83
23-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Tigger loves prawns, chicken, tuna, curry's, ham, crisps. the list could go on for ever.

Elaine
23-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Eva the Diva has developed a meow that really sounds like prrrraaawns;)
Bernie and Winston dont like them but Eva would KILL for them.

andrew021
24-03-2006, 09:43 AM
It seems from above, cats have varying tastes like us. Always assumed with carnivores that all meat was good food. But cats are fussy animals, I suppose.

tillytails
24-03-2006, 09:56 AM
My two adore prawns ! They even recognize the name - me and the other half have to say 'P-word' if they're in the vicinity :lol:. And a call of 'pawnies' will get them running home everytime, and very handy it is too :cool:.

dinahsmum
24-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Yes - it's not so easy to get 'obedience' from a cat as from a dog, so any 'props' like prawns, are very useful!

andrew021
24-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Mine is the same, as soon as she hears the rustle of the plastic bag they are kept in, in the fridge, she is straight in.

Never thought of getting her to recognise the name to get her in from outside. I usually go into the garden with her food bowl and tap the bottom of it, doesn't usually work as she will saunter in when she is ready.