PDA

View Full Version : CP Open day info

smudgley
23-03-2006, 11:37 AM
17 March 2006
Feeling feline friendly? Come to Cats Protection’s Spring Open Day!

Cats Protection’s National Cat Centre (NCC) will be holding its third Open Day on 2 April and everyone’s invited to join in the fun and meet the charity’s friendly feline residents!

“The last two Open Days were a huge success and this one promises to be just as good,” explained Betty Boud, Manager of the National Cat Adoption Centre at the NCC. “There is something for everyone, including the chance to meet lots of lovely rescue cats in our ‘behind the scenes’ adoption centre tours!”

The Open Day will take place between 10am and 4pm on Sunday 2 April at the National Cat Centre in Chelwood Gate, near Haywards Heath, Sussex. The entrance fee for adults is £1 and children go free.

There will be lots of entertainment, including a falconry display, face painting, bouncy castles, a miniature railway, balloon modelling, a family farm area, juggling, craft stalls, a tarot reader and also adoption centre tours. Plenty of refreshments will be on sale and free parking is available on site.

For directions to the National Cat Centre or for more information about the Open Day, please phone Cats Protection’s National Cat Centre on 08707 708 650 or 08702 099 099. Alternatively, log on to www.cats.org.uk (http://www.cats.org.uk/)

Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity, rehoming around 60,000 cats each year through its nationwide network of 29 Adoption Centres and 260 voluntary-run Branches.

~ends~

yola
23-03-2006, 11:53 AM
D'ya know - I was thinking I might go to the open day. It's not THAT far from me (about 1 hour in the car), and if the weather is good it'd make for a nice day out for Dominik.

Being a CP member AND a volunteer I feel a bit obliged to support them a bit more than I currently do.

Aparently the National Cat Centre is quite something; a purpose-built re-homing facility and head office all in one.

Anyone else going?

CJK
23-03-2006, 12:04 PM
too far from me, otherwise would have gone. Bet it'll be a great day

Julie84
23-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Wow, it sounds great. Unfortunately I am going to be on the Isle of Wight then as it wouldn't have been too far (if I could have bribed Neil to drive me! ;) ). I hope everyone one that goes has a great time. :)

Fran
23-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Quite a long way a way from me :( Hope CP have a very successful day though

smudgley
23-03-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm going.
I went last year & it was lovely, just me & my youngest daughter went (as oldest had her leg in plaster) but she has wanted to go ever since :roll:
It's quite a drive for us, think it was a good couple of hours - but worth it! :)

Sweet
23-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Quite a drive for me from Bristol, but I would love to go x

Mags
23-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Too far for me but I hope the day is a huge success!