PDA

View Full Version : Max has been in for some blood tests today.

DiddyDawn
23-03-2006, 12:56 AM
I had to take one of my ferals in for some blood tests today. He's only a youngster, approx 8 months old but has been losing weight and losing the fur on his back end. Some of you will know I had this with one of my other babes Bob but sadly after a lot of messing it turned out he'd got a tumour in his Oesophagus and he died in January :( Obviously I'm worried about Max, like Bob he has a lump on his thyroid, I'm hoping he is Hyperthyroid but with him being so young he may not be. Bob was Hypothyroid and he was only approx 18 months old :? Max has been tested today for FIV/FeLV as well because he has really bad gums but he's negative for both of these. I should get his other results back in a few days so fingers crossed he can be treated ;)

random
23-03-2006, 01:08 AM
awwww I hope it's something minor and that he gets well soon. xx

Fran
23-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Fingers crossed for Max x Pleased FIV FeLV tests were negative....

Sweet
23-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here x

CJK
23-03-2006, 09:16 AM
hope all goes well for max...

Donna
23-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Wishing you all the best for little Max x

Julie84
23-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Fingers crossed for Max, sorry you are having such a worrying time.

Elaine
23-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Good luck Max(Tom:lol: ) Hope the results show nothing serious.

Mags
23-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Fingers crossed for Max......

Kazz
23-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Hope it turns out well - fingers crossed,

DiddyDawn
23-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks for your good wishes ;) I'm hoping things will turn out okay for him or at least that he can be treated......he has lost so much weight and seems to have shrunk in size :( :( I've got his two brothers here as well and they are nice big cats, Max was the biggest a couple of months ago, now he looks so dainty bless him :(

dinahsmum
24-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Best wishes and healing thoughts for Max

DiddyDawn
26-03-2006, 12:47 AM
I've spoken to Sean today and little Max's blood results are not good :( Apparently the only thing that seems to be working are his kidneys :( :( He said his body is fighting itself, and he has some form of Liver disease :( The lump in his thyroid is some form of tumour and he is 99% certain it will be cancerous....basically there's nothing they can do for him :(

He is going in on Monday for some antibiotics, they probably won't do anything but worth a try. He is also going to have some vitamin shots and we'll try him on a Hepatic diet for his liver and then it's a case of one day at a time until his time comes.

I will be having a chat with Sean Monday.....I'm still a bit shocked by his results today to think about it any more. We will decide whether it's best to let him go now or when he declines further :(

Fran
26-03-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this DD. I really hope you find some way of stealing more time with him. I know it is a very difficult time and decisions are hard but I am sure you will do the right thing for him {{{Hugs to you and Max}}}

DiddyDawn
26-03-2006, 04:05 AM
Hopefully by Monday I will have got my head round it a bit more and then I'll take it from there. I'm going to get him on some immune system boosters and hopefully he'll improve a little bit........I don't think he can be cured but at least if we can keep him as healthy as possible under the circumstances, he'll be around a bit longer. Sean's going to go through the results with me again on Monday, and he said he'll do everything possible to keep him comfortable. I'm going to order some Transfer Factor Plus and hopefully this will boost him up a bit.......I just hope it's the right thing to do for him, I don't want him suffering in any way :( With Bob it was an emotional roller coaster because we didn't really know until the last week what was wrong with him, at least with Max I sort of know what I'm dealing with which in some ways makes it easier.

dinahsmum
26-03-2006, 10:14 AM
This is a shame :(
I am so sorry

Mags
26-03-2006, 11:53 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Max.......

Elaine
26-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh Dawn, such a shame, poor Max. Big hugs to you and Max xxx

Snoof
26-03-2006, 08:45 PM
So sorry to hear about Max... :(

bobbie3917
26-03-2006, 08:49 PM
sorr to hear of the bad results (((hugs)))xx

DiddyDawn
27-03-2006, 04:07 AM
Thanks for all your good wishes and I will update as soon as I've seen Sean today......I know he will do everything for Max to keep him as healthy and happy for as long as possible. I'm going to phone when the surgery opens to get a copy of the results sent to the other surgery for when I go in this evening......at least then I can absorb what is actually going on in his body and it will give me more of an idea of what to expect and whether there is a remote chance he can get some treatment for this.

I'll try and post a pic of him when I work out how to do it ;)

Fran
27-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Hope the news is good today DD. Fingers crossed for you x

DiddyDawn
02-04-2006, 08:31 PM
After further discussions with Sean about Max, he thinks the best thing we can do for him is have him put to sleep :cry: :cry: :cry: He has gone through his blood results again and has done some further research and basically there isn't much that can be done for him. If we get him over one thing, chances are he will come down with something else......his immune system is a major concern and the fact he has a high possibility of having cancer.

I have made an appointment for him to go in on Monday..........it will break my heart but I have to do right by him :cry: :cry: :cry: He's not eating as well as he was although he is bright eyed, he now has an ulcer on his nose so something is going on with him. He has been on antibiotics the last week and he is no different bless him :cry: :cry:

Donna
02-04-2006, 08:44 PM
So sorry to hear this sad news DD. It is a hard decision, but one that is the kindest thing we can do for our pets x

Moli
02-04-2006, 08:50 PM
So sorry to hear about Max, thoughts and Hugs with you.........

Mags
02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
So sorry to hear your sad news.....thinking of you...

Elaine
03-04-2006, 10:27 AM
So sorry Dawn:cry: Will be thinking about you and Max today:cry:

DiddyDawn
03-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I'll be thinking of you and Winston as well Elaine.....big (((((hugs))))) and remember what we spoke about this morning, try and be strong and I'm glad Max has got someone who will look after him when he makes his way to the bridge :cry: :cry: :cry:

DiddyDawn
03-04-2006, 12:03 PM
I still haven't fathomed out how to put a picture on so I've put a link.

http://public.fotki.com/DiddyDawn/my_babies/max_3.html

Fran
03-04-2006, 12:34 PM
So very sorry to hear this DD {{{Hugs }}} Will be thinking about you and Max today x

dinahsmum
03-04-2006, 01:58 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYGB)
poor boy.

Snoof
03-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Big hugs to you, DD. I'm so sorry.

yola
03-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Dawn - I so sorry that you too have had to make this sad decision. Max will one day thank you for taking the pain away with this selfless thing you do.

Hugs.

CJK
03-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Dawn, somehow I managed to totally miss this entire thread until today.
I do apologise for not commenting before now. i dont know why i didnt see it.

Am so sorry to hear your sad news, not any easy time for anyone, but one we must all be faced with at some point.

I am certain you did all you could for Max, and that is what matters, that and love and care, which you gave him too.

Thinking of you at this sad time

DiddyDawn
04-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Max went to the bridge earlier this evening :cry: :cry: .....he went peacefully and Sean was lovely with him. He sedated him first and I held him whilst he went to sleep.......he looked so peaceful bless him :cry: :cry:

RIP, my gorgeous babe......everyone will be waiting for you, have fun, xxxxxx

Booktigger
04-04-2006, 08:13 AM
RIP Max, am sure you will be bragging about the wonderful mum you had, and telling her other babes that she still loves them. So sorry Dawn.

Fran
04-04-2006, 08:16 AM
{{{Hugs Dawn}}} RIP Max..run free brave little man x

Elaine
04-04-2006, 08:38 AM
R.I.P. little Max, I hope Winston is looking after you xxxx

truthisouthere
06-04-2006, 11:59 AM
He's a young cat right. Is he really suffering that bad? Did the vet tell you EXACTLY what was wrong with him...? That's important, I would want to know if it was a child of mine. My vet suggested that option to me recently as i have a cat with Aids and he seemed at death's door, otherwise a purry boy. A visit to the homeopath was WELL worth it. His improvement was near short of a miracle. His energy levels and thyroid are balanced, as is his self esteem (drops for this too!) He's a changed man (and he's 19!)
All I can say to you is as long as you think you have done all you possibly can, as long as he has had that chance, as long as you know ALL the options he has, as long as you have listened to your heart and you feel you are doing what's right for the little lad...I wish you all the best at this very difficult time.
Sometimes Heaven needs a cat more than he is meant to be on this Earth..
Take Care and gentle hugs to your special boy. I'll be thinking of you both.
X X