PDA

View Full Version : Cleo

Kazz
22-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Well now I've had a few days to digest the information myself I thought the time was right to share it with you. Cleo has been diagnosed with CRF -Chronic Renal Failure - the same thing that Elaine's Winston suffers from and what my Oz (Cleo's brother) suffered from.

Not the best of news but Cleo is okay, in herself.

CRF does appear to be something a lot of "older" cats suffer with:(

Mags
22-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Kazz, I'm so sorry to hear about dear Cleo:( I know you will continue to shower her with affection and help her through her bad days.....as you did with Oscar. Please give her a gentle cuddle from me.......and ((((hugs)))) to yourself...x

bobbie3917
22-03-2006, 07:20 PM
sorry to hear that Kazz and i hope she stays in good health for a long time (((hugs)))

yola
22-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Kazz - I hope Cleo continues with you for a long time. As you well know CRF can be managed successfully - I too have a friend who's cat has had it for over 5 years now; he has good and bad days but essentially has a good quality of life.

Still - it's not a nice diagnosis, so (((big hugs))) to you both :-)

Jeanette
22-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Oh Karen:-(

That stinks:-(

I dont know much about this, but I hope you'll have Cleo around for a good long time yet

Hugs J

Donna
22-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear Cleo is unwell Kazz. I hope you can help Cleo manage her illness with lots of cuddles and snuggles x

Kim
22-03-2006, 08:12 PM
So sorry to hear that Cazz. (((Hugs))) to you. I hope Cleo reamins healthy & happy for a good long while yet.

Elaine
22-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Kazz i cannt tell you how sorry I am that Cleo now has this bloody awfull illness too. :cry: Unfortunately it is one of those more common things for our elderly kitties. I wish Cleo all the love in the world and hope she remains well for some time to come yet;)

EmmaG
22-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Kazz, but I know you will look after her and prod her with that sharp stick now and again ;) give her a kiss on the nose from me ;)

Fran
22-03-2006, 08:45 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this Kazz :( I really hope you manage to succesfully control it for her. {{{Hugs}}} x

Kazz
22-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Sorry to hear that Kazz, but I know you will look after her and prod her with that sharp stick now and again ;) give her a kiss on the nose from me ;)

At last a convert to the sharp stick brigade, I knew one of you would come round eventually - Emma I love ya.:-D

As Elaine says its a bl**dy awful illness but one of those things.:roll:

Again thanks for your good wishes and hugs much appreciated. Karen

Moli
22-03-2006, 11:12 PM
So sory to hear about Cleo Kazz,. hope the medication keeps it under control..."Hugs" to you and Cleo...........x

Kazz
22-03-2006, 11:28 PM
So sory to hear about Cleo Kazz,. hope the medication keeps it under control..."Hugs" to you and Cleo...........x

Thanks Moli but no medication well Oscar never had any - not sure if there is she will be fine one of those things. Fact of life - she is already spoilt rotten so nothing will change. :roll:

Sweet
23-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear this Kazz take care and give Cleo lots of big huggles from me and Violet x

dinahsmum
23-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Sorry I'm late catching up on this Kazz.
Poor Cleo - poor you.
Don't know if it's good or bad that you have experience............probably good, you will be able to judge her condition better.
Hugs to you and a gentle head butt to the old girl - tell her summer is coming, all those hours lying in the sun, she'll feel lots better.

Julie84
23-03-2006, 11:06 AM
So sorry to hear about Cleo, Kazz. I hope you have plenty more time to make some more special memories together. :)

smudgley
23-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Sorry to hear about Cleo Kazz.

truthisouthere
07-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Bless..so sorry to hear that. Don't know much about CRF, hopefully learn all i can from this site in case any of mine come down with any nasties, (fingers crossed, all healthy for years). Have you asked the vet what would be the best food for him, the quality of a cat's food can really make a difference to health; also are there any supplements (i.ei evening primrose oil, half a human dose p/day, that mite help as an antioxidant? It's the little things that help.I do feel for you both cos my baby's got a terminal illness, diagnosed coupla weeks agos, and it IS a shock. Take Care, and keep giving him all the love in the world. X

Snoof
07-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Kazz, I don't know how I missed this back in March. I'm sorry to hear about Cleo having CRF. Give her big cuddles from me and Ninja - he quite likes a bit of ginger on his lasses :roll:

Elaine
07-04-2006, 11:51 AM
How's she doing Kazz? Hope all is well with her and you.;)

CJK
07-04-2006, 12:10 PM
am sorry I missed this too.
hope allis going well for cleo