PDA

View Full Version : oh dear ive upset reggie

CathyW
22-03-2006, 02:08 PM
ive given him a worm tablet, he put up a heck of a battle, resulting in said tablet being spat out twice, reggie doing a runner, me chasing him:lol: ok got him wraped up in a towel, pull shoved down, and he was so shocked i had caught him he swallowed it:shock: ive now got a plaster on my knee:lol:
oh darn it ive got to do it again next week:shock:
given him strokes sorry, and will give him later nice treats:D

CJK
22-03-2006, 05:04 PM
awww bless him, some of them really ahte taking tabs dont they. Am sure he'll forgive you soon

Sweet
22-03-2006, 05:09 PM
That sounds just like us last night........

I finally plucked up the courage to give Violet hers last night. We wrapped her in a towel, gave her tons of kisses and love and she took the tablet in two halfs no problem!!!!!!!! GREAT I THOUGHT :) she then jumped off the bed and spat out the two peices on my bedroom floor when she thought I wasnt looking CRAFTY MOOOOO!!! So it was back in towel and pushed right down her throat!!!!

God I felt awful !!!!! a terrible Mummy!!! but it needs to be done, and the butter failed to work!!!!

Gave Stronghold in her neck after and he was still purring away - Thank Goodness!!!

Bless our little darlings..........last time I was scratched to pieces x x x

Julie84
22-03-2006, 05:20 PM
:lol:

Aww, poor you!

I remember when I first wormed the boys, they were so little they had to have a worming fluid rather than tablets once a day for three days in a row. The first day I managed it with minimal struggling and only a bit of worming fluid stuck to my trousers. The second day they had obviously learnt, and Thomas started hissing at me as soon as he saw the syringe! :o He's such a sedate cat now, it's hard to belive it but I was ripped to shreds.

Now they can have the tablets, I pop a tab down the back of their throats, hold them until they swallow and then pop a treat in before I let them go - they seem a bit confused when they go to spit it out and it's their favourite treat! :lol: It's a bit crafty but we have much less wriggling and crying now even if it does confuse them "mummy's force feeding me my yummy treats!" :oops: :lol:

CathyW
22-03-2006, 07:57 PM
has anyone tried the worming drops bob martin do them, drops on the back of the neck, sounds alot kinder i thought.:D will try them next time.

Donna
22-03-2006, 08:12 PM
You have just reminded me to get some worming stuff BM!!! Thanks! Am gonna order some of the "treat flavour" ones to see if they will eat them easily!!

tillytails
22-03-2006, 08:22 PM
has anyone tried the worming drops bob martin do them, drops on the back of the neck, sounds alot kinder i thought.:D will try them next time.

Not the Bob Martin one but got some Profender spot-on drops from the vet before Christmas. Getting pills into cats is a two-man job in this house so this seemed like a good solution for worming :).

CJK
22-03-2006, 08:37 PM
i personally dont rate ANY bob martins stuff. I once tried flea drops, no effect, nor did the house rom spray stuff. I heard the cat litter is useless.

It often cheaper to go straight to vets, we tried 3-4 diff pet shop products when we first got cats, none worked and ended up costing more thna it did from vets

CathyW
22-03-2006, 10:06 PM
i personally dont rate ANY bob martins stuff. I once tried flea drops, no effect, nor did the house rom spray stuff. I heard the cat litter is useless.

It often cheaper to go straight to vets, we tried 3-4 diff pet shop products when we first got cats, none worked and ended up costing more thna it did from vets
i would of done it through the vwts but carless for a couple of weeks, and didnt fancy taking reg on the bus, besides it cold out didnt want him to get cold :oops: