PDA

View Full Version : wopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee guess what i managed to grow???

CJK
21-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Bet ya can't guess what I have managed to grow from seeds?
First thing in my life apart from cress, and a broad bean at school!!

(even my sunflower at school never grew)

dinahsmum
21-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Cat grass????

EmmaG
21-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Pumpkin??? ;)

CJK
21-03-2006, 08:00 PM
awww. you lot always spoil my fun by guessing really quickly lol.

yup, it just starting to sprout up today. AND i hear it is VERY hard to grow catgrass :roll:

dinahsmum
21-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Well done then!

CJK
21-03-2006, 08:07 PM
lol. i was a ickle bit chuffed. simple minds....an all that

sewn the persian jewels in back yard and snow cloth and conrflowers in front yard. (bet none of them grwo though lol)

Mags
21-03-2006, 08:17 PM
awww. you lot always spoil my fun by guessing really quickly lol.

yup, it just starting to sprout up today. AND i hear it is VERY hard to grow catgrass :roll:
Don't forget to get your shears sharpened CJ...it grows quite fast!:-D

Fran
21-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Well done CJ!!

CJK
21-03-2006, 09:25 PM
shears? i got FOUR pairs of teeth on the stand by lol

Mags
21-03-2006, 10:11 PM
:lol: @ CJ

dandysmom
21-03-2006, 10:13 PM
That's IF they will eat it...:roll: :-D Congratulations anyway, and bet the cornflowers, etc. will come up!

CJK
22-03-2006, 12:26 PM
been in the back garden today, weeding, getting weeds n grass from between pathing slabs, moved bunny hutches about to give kids more rom to play. Sewed some seeds out back too. Looks a lot better but still lots more work to do out there

Sweet
22-03-2006, 05:27 PM
I forgot to go and buy my seeds this past weekend........is it really hard to grow then??? HELP IF SO! x

CJK
22-03-2006, 05:29 PM
i dont know, maybe i do it wrong but mine usually dont grow lol. The cat grass is though, and there some others i planted that are, but i forgot waht they are.
Thats why i only got cheap packets of seeds ( 19p each from netto)
got some marigolds to sew later on. I love marigolds. And cant wait tog et some patio roses. Looking forward to doing some gardening now it looking tidier out there. didnt seem any point planting anything before

Julie84
22-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Well done CJ - I bet your garden is going to look fabulous when it all starts blooming! :mrgreen:

My cat grass has decided to go brown and die after the cats refused to even look at it!! :( Must say I cheated and bought a 'just add water' kit though! :lol:

Sweet
22-03-2006, 05:41 PM
now I am confused !

Just add water?

Hopeless arnt I :(

CJK
22-03-2006, 05:46 PM
well these seeds dont flower until june or july, so going to be a wait on that.
Lidl got a special on flowers next week i thinik. may go look, but it an hour walk each way, so only go if really want something. ( liek when they had the cat towers for £20. shoulda seen me walking home with 2 kids a buggy and a cat tower in a box!! nightmere!)

seen some lovely round plastic tubs / displays in alocal shop for 3.99 might get a few of them.
Never liked pansies much but am starting to. dont like poppys though. give me terrible headaches to be around poppies. Liekd the begonias but i cant be bothered with them plants that only last this summer, dont see the point really.

went for pinks and purples alst year, as my fav 2 colours, but going for yellows and purples this year i think.
Seen some lovely yellowy / orange tulips in a garden near me, might get some.

looking forward to seeing the results of my work to be honest, never enjoyed gardening so much before

Julie84
22-03-2006, 05:55 PM
now I am confused !

Just add water?

Hopeless arnt I :(

No, not hopeless at all. :)

I bought it from Wilkinsons I think. It was a plastic tub with some stuff in. (Technical term there - stuff! :lol: )

Directions were:

Using a knife is sharp pointy things to make holes in the bottom.
Peel off the plastic lid.
Add water until it is really soaked (I think I added too much but it still worked! ;) )
Place on a plate and stick it somewhere dark.
Place on a window sill when it starts to sprout so it turns green.
Add cats.

I put it in the cat food cupboard so I wouldn't forget it and still forgot to check on it. It looked a bit poorly (all sprouted and white and a bit limp!) when I finally remembered it but after being on the window sill for a couple of days it grew all green and tall and healthy looking.

Ta da - put it on the floor proudly for the cats and they refused to even look at it. :(

Shall be added to my 'balcony of doom' in a couple of days (lots of dead things in pots that I have killed :oops: )

dandysmom
22-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Julie, thats exactly what happened to me; mine wouldn't eat it; gave it to my friend and her cat spurned it also.....picky little things, aren't they:roll: :-D