PDA

View Full Version : yet another early morning

CathyW
20-03-2006, 12:27 PM
wake up call from reggie this time, stands on mummy purring loudly and proceeds to shove a cold wet nose and mouth all across my cheek:shock: yes im awake :lol: he was so pleased with him self, lickle pests had kept us awake 1/2 the night playing on the bed and useing us a trampolines:D
ive now got an afternoon down to the hosp so im gonna be worn out when i get home:roll:

CJK
20-03-2006, 12:48 PM
lmao @ using u as tramploines!!!!
trouble is once they do it once and think it clever they keep doing it.

Princess has started waking me upa round 6am, she gently pats the back of my hand with her paw until i wake up, then sits on my belly and has some love.

Rosie
20-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Rosie does exactly the same thing about 5.30 because she knows thats when I usually get up but she never does it at the weekend (thank God).

Sweet
20-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Awwwwww bless them x

Donna
20-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Naughtie kitties!!! But you love em really!

Kay
20-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Sounds like Ronnie and Reggie are just making the most of their mum. Bless them.

CathyW
20-03-2006, 09:01 PM
since barnaby has been gone they have come out of their shells a bit, they tend to hang round the bedroom alot nice comfy bed, a good veiw of the garden sqirrels/birds:D and they adore sleeping with us,but dont 2 little cats take up alot of room :D im always scrunched up in the bed :D

CJK
20-03-2006, 09:04 PM
oh i know what yu mena about being scrunched up. you should try it with two cats two kids and a hubby!!!
By the time the kids get in i usually head for the sofa.

but even when hubby not here and the cats are in the bed I darent move for fear of disturbing them.
Princess has taken to sleeping between my feet now, so i lay there uncomfy for hours sometimes cos i dont wann wake her up!

come morning SHE wakes ME up with no second thoughts lol, but she does do it so sweetly

CathyW
20-03-2006, 10:13 PM
im just wondering which one of them wakes me 2morrow morning, i really could do with having abit of a lie in:D been up the hosp all afternoon, totally tired out:?

yola
21-03-2006, 10:32 AM
im just wondering which one of them wakes me 2morrow morning, i really could do with having abit of a lie in:D been up the hosp all afternoon, totally tired out:?

Hopefully neither BM!!! Unless mine are making an awful racket or climbing the curtains, I can usually sleep through any kitty noise; I'm kind of aware of it, but sleep through it in the main.

CathyW
21-03-2006, 01:05 PM
got into bed last night just after 11pm, and the lads decided that they where going to PLAY:shock: charging in and out back n forth all over the bed :lol: so ended shutting them out the bedroom, all u could hear was banging n crashing about :lol: ear plugs work everytime couldnt hear a thing after i stuch them in :lol:
they must of had a busy night as they are both crashed out on the bed :-D

dinahsmum
21-03-2006, 04:17 PM
BM - wonder if you should think seriously about excluding your 'terrible twosome' whilst you are trying to sleep? Seriously, you need to think of your own health.
We are way too soft with our fur-babies....I know, I'm the one who wakes up with a stiff arm from Mini lying on it in the night! But I must say that we have all slept so much better since I got the heat pads and made Tizzie sleep downstairs. I started off wondering if I was being mean to her but ended up being really pleased - we all sleep better - especially her, as she used to wake (and wake us) at, or before, 6am crying for her breakfast. We now find her still asleep at whatever time we creep downstairs.
I will not let the kittens (when we get them) sleep on the bed at night (no problems with them borrowing it daytimes!). Start as you mean to go on etc and with all this talk of cats reaching 20 or 25 the prospect of a couple of 80 year-old humans and a pair of 25 year old cats all trying to get comfortable and sleep well, between snoring and wee-wee trips (humans) and negotiating cats taking the best spaces is not one that appeals! :lol:
Have a think about it - they won't hold it against you and will soon fall into a new routine.

Julie84
21-03-2006, 04:51 PM
DM, my boys are shut out of the bedroom at night too.

I started to feel mean because everyone I talked to let their cats sleep on the bed with them but neither me, nor my OH got any decent sleep when we were all sharing a bed. Murphy consistently tried to wake Neil up all night (wet cold nose butts, pawing his face, trying to get his paw in his nose/eye/mouth/ear! :o ) and Thomas would try to sleep on my head!!!

Now they sleep downstairs on the sofa or armchair (they have their own seats! :roll: ) with their own blankets and cushioned as they refused the cat beds I bought them. We all sleep much better and I enjoy them more as I'm not ratty from a lack of sleep!

They are allowed to sleep on the bed during the day but they tend to stick to their new 'beds' on the three piece suite and at weekends they often come in for snuggles when we have a lie in.

My other reason for shutting them out though, was that we do intend to have children in the next 20 years ( ;) ) and I couldn't have the cats sleeping in the same room as me and a baby for safety reasons and I wouldn't want the cats to feel 'pushed out' if a baby came along so if we start as we mean to go on, we should all be happier! (Fingers crossed!! :lol: )

CJK
21-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Twix and oatmeal sleep downstairs as they wont use litter tray unless depserate, and msotly would wake me if they needed to do some "business" in the middle of the night, moaning until i let them out. Pf and MD sleep upstairs, so that there no cahnce of them getting out the cat flap. It works fine. Do wake me occasionally, but not so often that I'm getting a lack of sleep. But then I do have insomnia anyways

CathyW
21-03-2006, 09:05 PM
my 2 would spend all day and night in the bedroom if i let them, so ive started shutting them out of the bedroom early evening, that way they can play n keep awake for a few hours,also a bit more sociable, we live in a flat so everythings on one level. i leave the bathroom door open for them, different room to sleep in:D must admit i do like having them in with me in the afternoon if i have a rest.:D