PDA

View Full Version : not ONE ofmy four ate.....

CJK
16-03-2006, 01:34 PM
thought I would try getting princess soemthing yummy scrummy as a treat, so got some hi-life pate.

do you think she would eat it? nope, little madam turned her nose up as if i had given 10p a tin rubish. So MR D came sniffing, walked off, oatmeal then decided tos ee what the fus was, not a bite, and lastly twix, one bite and off he walked!!!!

gave them the salmon falvour, try them with the other 2 flavours later, fussy beggers!!!

Mags
16-03-2006, 01:52 PM
They're fussy creatures aren't they CJ!:roll: :lol:

Elaine
16-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Mine dont really go for the pate either.

Moli
16-03-2006, 02:24 PM
My lot can be fussy too,None of them like pate either.....

yola
16-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Nope - never had any success with the pate either. :roll:

CJK
16-03-2006, 02:33 PM
glad i only brought one tin of each flavour then!

thought Pf might like it as a bit of a treat

Julie84
16-03-2006, 03:03 PM
My boys don't like pate either! I also bought them some nice fresh salmon and they turned their nose up. :roll:

John
16-03-2006, 03:12 PM
tried Hi life several times just dont want to know..only thing they realy like is tuna in spingwater..for some reason they dont like whiskus either.

yola
16-03-2006, 03:29 PM
tried Hi life several times just dont want to know..only thing they realy like is tuna in spingwater..for some reason they dont like whiskus either.

Mine only like the springwater part of the springwater in tuna . . . suits me fine as that usually goes down the sink!!!

Sweet
16-03-2006, 05:08 PM
I dont think Violet would eat Pate, she wont even go near cat treats x

Donna
16-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Mine wont eat pate either.

CatGirl
16-03-2006, 06:11 PM
None of my four like the pate either.

Elaine
16-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Thats that settled then, our cats are definately not pate lovers:D

CJK
16-03-2006, 09:26 PM
either that or the pate is crap

Snoof
16-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Try rillettes... :lol: It's not for cats and it's not particularly healthy, but I let Ninja have a small bit (the tip of a knife's worth, smeared onto my finger :roll:) and he adored it :D

dandysmom
16-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Excuse this Yankee, but are we talking about cat pate or people pate? My Siamese loved people pate & a friend always gave him a tin at Christmas...none of my cats since will touch it!! They can be SO picky:roll: I tried a tin of lobster & chicken, quite pricy cat food from the gourmet market that I thought they'd love, and....you guessed it!!!:roll: :-D Leia did her "burying the garbage" dance around the plate, patches just stared increduously & walked slowly away...lol

Donna
16-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Well I was talking about the cat food pate you can get as I think the majority of other people were also; although I think Snoof was talking about the real pate we eat (well I dont, but some people do!) ... are you still with me??

CJK
17-03-2006, 09:21 AM
hi-life cat apte lol.

given them tuna supreme this morning and they wolfed it down

Rosie
17-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Get a dog! Rosie has never been a fussy eater. She knows that if she leaves anything in her bowl it will not be there 2 seconds later:lol: Having said that Rosie doesn't think twice about scoffing the dogs dinner given half a chance!

dandysmom
17-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks, Donna; that cleared it up! I personally love (people) pate; when I suggested to my friend that always gave it to Su-ling for Christmas that he could give it to ME, he just grinned...:roll: :-D

CJK
18-03-2006, 09:17 AM
i love pate too, well sme of them. dont like duck or game of any sort, but love ardenned and brussels. Prefer smooth but eat others.

Gave them tuna and giblets today, PF wolfed that down too. must just be salmon imperial they dont like. will get her some more of the other falvoured ones

Booktigger
18-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Pebbles prefers the fish pates (although she doesn't like the Tuna and Chicken Imperial!!), and Ginger prefers the meat ones!! Pebbles wont eat supermeat though.

Kay
19-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Mine don't like the pates either, but the dogs love them.

CJ, I wouldn't alter PF's diet too much while she is pregnant could upset her stomach. I mix Royal Canin kitten in with the Royal Canin Fit for my mums-to-be.

CJK
19-03-2006, 12:05 PM
ahhh didnt think of u[set tummy kay! good point. I been mixing the royal canin kitten with the royal canin persian, cant get hold of the fit here. We only got one pet shop in my town. Soom as i go on a bus trip to a decent town will be buying supplies of fleece, and some good cat foods. Other than that now got everything on my shopping list, thanks to your help kay!!!

do ahve a few questions to ask...sorry!?!?!?!?! ( i heard you say oh gawd not that woman again!) lol

Kay
19-03-2006, 12:13 PM
ahhh didnt think of u[set tummy kay! good point. I been mixing the royal canin kitten with the royal canin persian, cant get hold of the fit here. We only got one pet shop in my town. Soom as i go on a bus trip to a decent town will be buying supplies of fleece, and some good cat foods. Other than that now got everything on my shopping list, thanks to your help kay!!!

do ahve a few questions to ask...sorry!?!?!?!?! ( i heard you say oh gawd not that woman again!) lol

As if ( as Kyle would say) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Persian breeders on the whole tend to stay away from the Royal Canin Persian as it puts weight on to much thats why I use the Fit. Ask the pet shop if they will order it for you. Glad you are almost ready. I've got to decorate my bedroom yet.:roll: :roll:

CJK
19-03-2006, 12:17 PM
i was told to put her on the persian to HELP her put weight on as she was underweight.
BUT i have heard a lot of breeders say about using fit instead. I did ask my petshop and the woman who was in on thurs said she doesnt know if i can ask them to order,so going back tues when the boss lady is in. I know they can order some stuff, but depends on if they'll order in for one person.

seeing as PF was underweight what would you say is best to give her considering she pregnant? ie fit or persian ? she has kitten anyway, so you think fit and kitten best despite her needing to gain a little weight? I know we dont want her getting a right tubby just cos she pregnant lol, that'd be no good either!

Kay
19-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Carry on with the Persian and Kitten untill the kittens are weaned and she seems to have gained sufficient weight then gradually introduce the Fit and wean her off the Persian and Kitten.

CJK
19-03-2006, 12:59 PM
ok. thanks kay (again lol)