PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat invite "strange" cats in the house?

Kazz
15-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Do you think your cat invites strange cats intot the house? I once found a stray cat in the house Oz and Cleo totaly unbothered the cat was really poorly and half his nose/face had been eated away by something - he was in a terrible state and obviously starving. I often wondered as Oz was in his prime then if they asked him in - I am ashamed to say all I did was lock the cat flap feed him - boy could he eat take him to the vets and have him PTS (you had to see him to believe the trouble he was in) it was that warm summer and he had maggots in his coat:( the vet said it was the best thing for him. I'd seen him around a few years before but he was younger and fitter but he disappeared. Then he came back and I found him in my living room:roll: took me ages to pick up the maggots and I had to deflea the room and the cats too but at least he was at peace.

Do you think they invite other cats in?

Karen

Snoof
15-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Ninja invites one friend in to eat his kibble, as I said in the other thread :)

Kazz
15-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Ninja invites one friend in to eat his kibble, as I said in the other thread :)

One of the reasons I started this thread.;)

bobbie3917
15-03-2006, 12:57 AM
well mine dont go out so cant but i do know that they would freack if a cat just turned up in the living room 1 day

Moli
15-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Mine don't invite them in, I open the door and in he trots....

Luke
15-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Nope my two freak if another cat comes near the house...the neighbouring cats have all learnt just to stay away from our house...Clementine likes to patrol the perimeters and if they get past her then Elsa is waiting..with her iron paws to see to the 'intruders' :lol:

Mags
15-03-2006, 11:13 AM
I used to have a feral come in every day, Cassie would just sit back and watch her eat her food.....

Moli
15-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Nope my two freak if another cat comes near the house...the neighbouring cats have all learnt just to stay away from our house...Clementine likes to patrol the perimeters and if they get past her then Elsa is waiting..with her iron paws to see to the 'intruders' :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: Your house sounds like Fort Knoxs Luke!!!

Luke
15-03-2006, 11:16 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Your house sounds like Fort Knoxs Luke!!!
Yep its just like that....it doesnt half make me giggle when after the cats have had a scrap with someone the pace around the patio grumbling like a thunderstorm..even though theres nowt there anymore!:roll::lol:

JemBob
15-03-2006, 03:03 PM
hehehe they sound better then a german shephard parolling :lol: can i lend them on weekends luke? :lol:

Luke
15-03-2006, 03:05 PM
hehehe they sound better then a german shephard parolling :lol: can i lend them on weekends luke? :lol:
Well there is a story actually..not so long ago when we were having our boiler fixed..and the man who came to fix it refused too come in as both of the cats were sitting on the stairs hissing at him...so i would say they keep people away more than the dogs!
Sorry Jembob..no lending!

JemBob
15-03-2006, 03:06 PM
DOH! :lol:

hahahaha thats so cute oscar just runs away :lol:

Snoof
15-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Ninja brought another mog home today, a gorgeous tortie-and-white one... But she didn't trust it so when she refused to come in he just went back out!

yola
15-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Fifi and Balie are/were ever so cool about other cats. They let Ferdy come in and let me feed him when he was still a stray, they didn't exactly invite him in but they just kinda stood back and let him wander in. They also didn't fuss too much when my old neighbours' cats used to come in and sleep under radiators and on beds.

Darcy on the other hand is a vicious ball of furry hatred when any other cat even dares to look under the gate. At Christmas when I brought Gonzo (my other neighbours' birman) over, Darcy just growled and growled and hissed and stalked until the poor terrified critter pooped on my sofa.

Snoof
15-03-2006, 03:45 PM
At Christmas when I brought Gonzo (my other neighbours' birman) over, Darcy just growled and growled and hissed and stalked until the poor terrified critter pooped on my sofa.
Does that count as entrapment? :lol:

Het
15-03-2006, 05:00 PM
We used to quite frequently, and it seemed to be Thomas that invited them. He would very politely show them the food dishes and the fridge. He had lots of cat friends that used to just come and sit with him, not playing or anything....just sitting quietly and staring into space. Made me laugh...perhaps thats the cat equivalent of a good natter??

Once Jazz arrived it all stopped though. She is most discouraging to visiting cats.....using her very loud Hong Kong Phooey/Monkee voice to show them the error of their ways:roll:

Donna
15-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Mine dont invite any cats in - they are scared to death of ALL other cats!!!

Luke
15-03-2006, 07:53 PM
We used to quite frequently, and it seemed to be Thomas that invited them. He would very politely show them the food dishes and the fridge. He had lots of cat friends that used to just come and sit with him, not playing or anything....just sitting quietly and staring into space. Made me laugh...perhaps thats the cat equivalent of a good natter??

Once Jazz arrived it all stopped though. She is most discouraging to visiting cats.....using her very loud Hong Kong Phooey/Monkee voice to show them the error of their ways:roll:
Hetty..uhm..please ellaborate on this voice of Jazz's..im quite curious:lol:

CathyW
15-03-2006, 10:30 PM
one of my neighbours had a lovely tabby called tigger. he used to come in finsh off what my cats hadnt eaten, then go to sleep up stairs for the day. his owners used to go out to work so our house was his day time home :lol: he didnt like my dog much, must admit i have hidden their food some days cause he was eating alot of it.
and barnaby used to try n move in to other plls houses. he had one woman convinced he was a stray, ok a well fed stray compleate with nice sparkley collar :D i used to have to go n collect him, and ronnie n reggie liked my neighbour phil, he used to leave a window open for them so they could sleep in his bedroom, cheeky boys:D

dandysmom
16-03-2006, 04:16 AM
Well there is a story actually..not so long ago when we were having our boiler fixed..and the man who came to fix it refused too come in as both of the cats were sitting on the stairs hissing at him...so i would say they keep people away more than the dogs!
Sorry Jembob..no lending!
Funnnnnny!:-D :-D

dandysmom
16-03-2006, 04:24 AM
My 2 are indoors only so never had the problem of a visitor, but when one of th neighnor's cats comes into our yard if Leia is on the screened porch & sees her she goes berserk & makes the most awful threatening noises with her fur all fluffed up...very funny, especially as Borden, the visitor/trespasser knows perfectly well that Leia can't get her & just saunters about her business:-D :-D

Het
16-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Hetty..uhm..please ellaborate on this voice of Jazz's..im quite curious:lol:

lol...its kinda like high pitched Chinese/Karate/jackie Chan type noises. All the Siameses do them and its scary!!!

Luke
16-03-2006, 03:50 PM
lol...its kinda like high pitched Chinese/Karate/jackie Chan type noises. All the Siameses do them and its scary!!!
I think you should take a video so we can hear this sound Het....

Sweet
16-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Mazy (next doors black and white 6 month old kitten) comes in sometimes and very often has a quick nibble at Violets food x

Julie84
17-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Aww, I think I'd quite like house guests! :)

Snoof
22-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Just revived this thread to say I just got in from shopping... So walked into the conservatory to put some stuff in the freezer (having battled the torn bag of flour of DOOM :roll:) and blinked twice... There were twice as many cats on the ledge as I'd expected!

The cat (markings sort of like a Turkish Van but short-hair and the ear markings are a bit sketchy - otherwise ginger stripy tail and the rest white) that we've been suspecting of eating Ninja's kibble was next to the box and indeed eating Ninja's kibble! Ninja was in his box and looked at me in a shocked sort of wide-eyed way. I opened the freezer and put stuff in (we're not sure the white-ginger one has a home, he's a bit scruffy-looking and doesn't seem to have a collar and he's generally very scared of people and legs it when he hears someone in the kitchen - so we don't mind him coming in and eating Ninja's kibble as Ninja really doesn't seem to care), and when I saw Ninja looking at me I stopped moving and looked back, and I could swear he did a feline equivalent of smiling and then gave me a slow blink, which I returned.

The white-and-ginger seems to think we're mad, but when I went into the kitchen to get some more stuff, he was still there when I went back into the conservatory. I'm hoping eventually he'll be relaxed enough around us for me to figure out if he has a home, because if he doesn't (or she :shock: I wouldn't know, would I) we'd be willing to give him one.