PDA

View Full Version : Intact Tom cats - neutured Tom cats

Kazz
15-03-2006, 12:15 AM
I thought I'd start another thread rather than steal space on Lukes collars thread:) .

But it was answering his thread that has caused me to ask this........Do neutured Tom's "giveway" to intact Toms or the other way round? My Oz never seemed to give way to any Tom but there was one with whom he had an uneasy "truce" I assume they were both about equal - fight wise, :?

Karen

Mags
15-03-2006, 12:21 AM
My Sam was a neutered tom and he would stand his ground with any cat. He even had a cat marooned up a tree once until its owned knocked at the door and asked us to get our cat away! I used to feel quite ashamed of him at times!:-D Yet indoors he was the most lovable cat you could wish for......

Moli
15-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Leo who is neutered tends to guard the garden, any strange cat comes in, he will sit and growl, but if the strange comes towards him, he turns tail and runs!:roll: :roll:

Snoof
15-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Ninja will stand his ground in any fight, but there is a cat he eats with at our neighbour's... Whom we have caught in the conservatory nicking Ninja's food, with Ninja sitting happily in his box, looking annoyed at us for scaring him away!

Moli
15-03-2006, 12:27 AM
I suppose they must have their friends too...:)

Kay
15-03-2006, 12:42 PM
I have two adult tom cats one entire, Tate, and one neutered, Eddie. Eddie is Tate's son. Tate is so laid back he wouldn't have a clue about fighting anyway and Eddie seems to be of the same disposition so I am really lucky. I will have to see what happens when Cory grows up as he will be entire as well.