PDA

View Full Version : I have an announcement

CJK
13-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Well, i wasnt going to make this public jsut yet, due to recent events but....

.........I have been talking to Kay a lot over the past few days and....

I am going into cat breeding....

NOT PF and MD before you all get in an uproar, though they are both pedigrees thier true registration status isnt known.

I am going to get a GCCF prfix and breed pedigrees registered as active, most liekly colour point persians, thanks to Kay showing us piccie sof her adorable kittens.

I ahve, as you may remmber, already joined the exotic shorthair cat society, whom with it will take 2 years to get a GCCF prefix.

I am NOT going to rush into this, I have given it thought for a few months now.

As I say< i will carefully plan everything, and test my cats and register kittens etc.

so there....soemthing else to talk about!!! (hopefully on a happier note)

EmmaG
13-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi CJ,

Does it cost a lot to set up as a breeder? vets bills must be a lot? how do you feel about people coming to your house to view litters etc?

Good luck with it and I hope it all goes well :)

CJK
13-03-2006, 04:10 PM
hi emm,
yes it is going to cost a lot to set up. But I dont plan to start breeding right away, want to reserach and prepare thourughly for it, so i dont go into it with my eyes closed. want to know as much info as i can etc.

I dont mind people coming into my home to see the cats, the hardest bit is going to be letting them go off to thier new homes.

there will be lots of vets bills, but It is something I am genuinely interested in.
There'll be testing the cats for various things, vaccinating them, fela, worm treatments etc etc, but I am sure it will be very rewarding

EmmaG
13-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Oh I know what I would be like CJ I would keep all of the kittens lol

Well as you are not going to start straight away I guess you can start saving now ;)

When me and my OH built computers and sold them from our home (many moons ago) one thing that was a bit of a downer was time wasters that kept turning up.

You are right it should be very rewarding, good luck :)

Julie84
13-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Ooh, how exciting CJ! :)

Kay
13-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Good luck Cj. It isn't all a bed of Roses, and there are many tears shed, but any advice I can give I gladly will. You know where I am.

Mags
13-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Good luck CJ...I hope it all works out well for you....

Moli
13-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Good Luck CJ, lot of work, but must be very rewarding!

Kay
13-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Good Luck CJ, lot of work, but must be very rewarding!

It is very rewarding but it also has its fair share of heartbreak and that is something I hope I never get hardened too, as some breeders. If I ever did then that would be the time to give up in my opinion.:cry: :cry:

Sweet
13-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Good Luck CJ

bobbie3917
13-03-2006, 08:12 PM
good luck with your new hobbie Cj
have you found a breeder to get your kittens off? i found it very hard to find a ragdoll breeder 2 years ago that would sell on the active but i found a few very nice ppl and i hope to be getting a new kitten off 1 of them later this year. it was the same with maine coons aswell

yola
13-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Lots of luck in your new enterprise CJ. I have to admit to being a bit jealous as breeding persians (and running a cattery) is something I've always secretly wanted to do.

All the best!

CJK
13-03-2006, 08:26 PM
:lol: well kay is a breeder i'd trust :D

not foind one yet though

dandysmom
13-03-2006, 10:10 PM
I could never stand to do that: break ny heart to send th babies away with strangers...:cry: Looks as if you've given this a lot of thought & ...best of luck!!

Snoof
13-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Best of luck.

Moli
13-03-2006, 10:41 PM
I could never stand to do that: break ny heart to send th babies away with strangers...:cry: Looks as if you've given this a lot of thought & ...best of luck!!Thats one of the reasons I couldn't breed either Dandysmom....:(

Donna
13-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Good luck CJ.

Kay
13-03-2006, 11:59 PM
:lol: well kay is a breeder i'd trust :D

not foind one yet though

Thanks CJ. We will just have to wait and see what happens won't we.

I have been lucky so far that all the people I have sold kittens too have had contact with me from the kittens being a very young age so by the time they are ready to go the new owners aren't strangers but friends and they continue to be just that. :) :)

I do have a little cry when each baby goes though.:cry: :cry:

smudgley
25-03-2006, 01:35 PM
any more news about cat breeding CJ?

CJK
25-03-2006, 02:21 PM
not yet, at the moment I am making sure I do a lot of reserach into it. Also don't want to get anymore cats in yet, not until after PF had her kittens and we all sorted on that front.
But I have applied to join the colourpoint cat club, and will be applying to get a GCCF prefix BEFORE even starting to breed.
Been talking to a few breeders to get hints and tips. Given myself of a time plan of 1-2 years before I have my first litter. Still at the planning stages. Also waiting to hear if we are on stevenage housing list too, as if we are and a move looks imminent i dont want to get another cat until after the move if possible.