PDA

View Full Version : cat with too many toes

CJK
12-03-2006, 07:55 PM
blimey, i searched for cat in guinness book and came out with this

The world record for the cat with most toes belongs to Jake who has 28 toes, with 7 on each paw. Jake lives in Bonfield, Ontario, Canada with his owners, Michelle and Paul Contant (Canada).
"We got him from the North Bay and District Humane Society," said Michelle. "He's just a great cat. We knew he was special, so we had him examined." Local vet Dr T. D. Bachelder, DVM, performed the check up and confirmed that Jake has "complete and distinct toes with normal nails, foot pads and bone structure

CJK
12-03-2006, 07:57 PM
ooh i just read, we can print off forms to make an entry to enter guinnes book of records.

just gotta find soemthing totally stupid that nobody ahs ever done before lol

get thinking.....

Donna
12-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Must find a piccie of that cat CJ!!

You could be the most over posts entered onto a forum within a 24 hour period!!!!! LOL!!!!

CJK
12-03-2006, 08:01 PM
right i wont say another word

Snoof
12-03-2006, 08:03 PM
It's called polydactyly :) I personally think it's super cute.

Mags
12-03-2006, 08:05 PM
What a lot of claws to clip!:shock: :lol:

Kay
12-03-2006, 08:07 PM
It is unusual to have extra toes on all feet. Glad mine don't no matter how cute I wouldn't be able to show them and it is bad enough clipping the ones they have got.

Snoof
12-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Yes, well... I don't show mine. But I wouldn't purposely go looking for a polydactylous cat, either. There again, I don't do the whole pedigree thing either (at least, not on purpose). I think loads of cats are adorable (Maine Coons and Somalis are my favourites :smt049) but I'm never going to get one unless they happen to end up at the rescue and their personalities mesh with mine.

So... :lol:... I feel perfectly justified finding loads of things cute!

bobbie3917
12-03-2006, 08:38 PM
its very comon in maine coons like snoof says there polydactylous and i think they can have more then 7 on each foot, you cant show them under GCCF but i think you can under diffrenet reg

Snoof
12-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Ok :lol: I did not know polydactyly is very common among Maine Coons. Sigh. :lol: I had the chance to appear like I had the faintest idea what I was talking about, but noooope :roll:

yola
12-03-2006, 09:14 PM
right i wont say another word

Yeah - but we loves ya ;) ;)

Booktigger
12-03-2006, 09:23 PM
I thought moggies could be polydactyl as well?? Never come across one though. I am with Snoof and would never get a pedigree unless one happened to be in a shelter at a time I was looking (and fit in with the household, so prob very unlikely). Do have a few that I really wouldn't mind though!!

bobbie3917
12-03-2006, 09:28 PM
i think it can pop up in any breed and moggies as well but i know its comman in my breed. they even have there own club in the usa

CJK
12-03-2006, 10:13 PM
my american finaces cat ahd an extra toe on both front paws. he was called mr fugi. I wished after my finace died i could ahve brought the cat from america with me, but he went to one of calvins great aunties or seomthing

Snoof
12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
It's a bit of a cow bringing cats here as far as I've been able to tell. I looked into it when I moved back to the correct side of the pond (:lol:) because I wanted to take Dishrag with me, but he had to be chipped 6 months in advance or he'd need quarantine - and I had to leave then and there as soon as I got the opportunity because my husband there was abusing our son (mine now, the bloody cheek...). Between that and not having secured a permanent residence, I thought it would be cruel and ended up having to leave my sweetie behind :(

CJK
12-03-2006, 10:26 PM
yeah, and this was almost 5 years ago ( 17th amrch 2001 he died), was even tougher then cos there was also the foot and mouth outbreak

Fran
12-03-2006, 10:36 PM
I knew of a moggie that had one extra toe on each front foot

Snoof
12-03-2006, 10:56 PM
yeah, and this was almost 5 years ago ( 17th amrch 2001 he died), was even tougher then cos there was also the foot and mouth outbreak
I'm sorry, I forgot to say last time I'm very sorry to hear your fiance died.

And I can only imagine how tough it must've been then :(

CJK
12-03-2006, 11:07 PM
thanks snoof. I'm ok talking about it now but it was horrid for a good 8-9 months. LIfe goes on though, and i ahd ryan then to take care of.

Must say he was the ebst person i ahve ever known in my life,NEver ever met anyone,man or woman, as kind,caring and understanding as him, changed my whole outlook on life.

but they way i look at it is as that old saying goes,

better to have loved and lost than never to ahve loved at all.
I wouldnt change one minute of it, we had less than a year together, but it was so special.

still.....cant dwell on it or i will get uspet again....

his cat was adorable, white and tabby, big fatty, used to wake you up int he middle of night cos he purred so loudly lol