PDA

View Full Version : Pebbles is moody again

Booktigger
12-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, moody might be an understatement - she kept either trying to get me under the quilt with her claws out or biting me last night!! I dont' remember if she has been this bad before - it made me wary of going to sleep, cos it didnt matter if i was facing her or turned away from her, she kept having a go!! Fortunately, she already has a vet app for Sat morning, as the scab that responded to the steroid cream has come back, and I suspect her noisy breathing is when the scabs in her nostril are there. She has never been an easy cat to live with, and she does have a habit of attacking you just for stroking her in the morning. Any tips, or just something i have to accept?

Kay
12-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Hope the appointment went ok and that Pebbles is feeling a bit better this morning. She obviously isn't a morning cat. I'm not good at mornings either.

Booktigger
12-03-2006, 01:13 PM
The app is for this Sat coming, as she has to see the Australian vet. She did nip me again this morning!! It isn't just mornings though, and not only just in bed - I have lost track of the amount of scratches from her, and she doesn't like being picked up either (so normally have a scratch or two everytime we go to the vets.) And I have had an infected finger from trying to get tablets down her. She looks such a sweet cat though - but she has a reputation for being awkward at the vet!! No idea why, she only gave the vet nurse a little nip when she was microchipped!!

Kay
12-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Well fingers crossed for this coming Sat. Don't know what to say as I have never had this problem with any of my 9. Persians are so laid back though. Perhaps the scabs are making her feel agitated. Have you tried the Rescue Remedy or Skullcap and Valerian to calm her down a little you never know it may work.

Booktigger
12-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Could be connected to the scabs, which is why I am waiting to see the vet that knows about them, rather than her usual vet. Have tried RR on her before, but putting it on her ears made her more stressed than she was before!! Could try putting it in her food again, she does prefer dry but gets given wet twice a day.

Kay
12-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Anything is worth a try. I have never used Rescue Remedy myself but I have used Skullcap and Valerian in the past on a very nervous dog I had, it was brilliant.

Kay
13-03-2006, 11:43 AM
How's Pebbles this morning?

Booktigger
13-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Grumpy, but not vicious. She decided to give me a good clean when she came under the covers last night, I was really wary though in case she suddenly started to bite me. Think she had a go at Tom yesterday though. She prob isn't a morning person, but it is odd cos she will sometimes stretch towards you in the morning, so you go to stroke her and get attacked. I am putting it down to being a typical female at the mo, but am mentioning it to the vet, as it isnt the normal one, and this one might just have an idea. My friend said to put her in the bathroom when she starts, but if you try and pick her up when she is in a mood, she will jsut attack all the more - she hates being picked up at the best of times.

Kay
13-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Ooh what a shame. It was nice that she washed you but such a shame that you can't relax and enjoy it because she might turn. Hopefully this vet will have some ideas. It's amazing how some vets differ even at the same practice. One at mine, who I won't see anymore, when I mentioned that Leila must be pregnent as she had morning sickness said that cats don't have morning sickness. Yet the vet who owns the prsctice totally agrees with nothing will change my mind as all of my girls have been sick at about 3-4 weeks in ecery pregnancy. That can't be coincedence can it.

Booktigger
14-03-2006, 04:41 PM
She was nicer today, she just swiped me a couple of times for ignoring her. She did have a go at poor Tom for no reason though, yet two hours earlier they were sleeping really close (first time I have seen that).
I am sure it is not coincidence Kay.

Kay
14-03-2006, 07:14 PM
You can't win with her can you. First she attacks you for trying to pay her attention then she attacks you for ignoring her. How long have you had her and has she always been like this? Is she yours or a foster cat?

Booktigger
14-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Nope, and it is one of the things that get to me - in the mornings she will stretch as though she wants a fuss, and then go for you. I know she will never be a lap cat, and I know she is temperamental, but it is the being attacked in bed I am wary of - I have learnt some of her 'triggers' i.e. dont' stroke her on teh stairs, she sees it as an invitation to attack you (normally playfully, but I always move when her paw comes near my face in case her claws are out). I have had her for 14 months now, she is a permanent cat. We have had so many issues though, mainly health. She has always been temperamental, and she has been this bad ages ago (when she is at her worst, you can't touch her, and the last time she was that bad, she was sleeping under the duvet with me!!), but it is months and months since we had a bad do, hence me wondering, as I thought we had 'figured each other out'.