PDA

View Full Version : Slow and steady wins the race..

Luke
10-03-2006, 12:00 PM
After a lot of time spent building Elsa's confidence up..this morning..i slowly approached her and gave her a tickle behind the ears..then i got the better of myself and went to pick her up, yet too my surprise she didnt resist or rip me apart trying to get away..she let me pick her up and had a good five minute cuddle:shock::shock::shock:
Its very strange how everyone is so super stressed due to my great-great aunt iris having her op today..tis almost as if Elsa sensed how i felt and was giving me that bit of support..strange how our feline friends seem to 'know'...
Im just so amazed she let me cuddle her..seems like the hard work is paying off at last!

Snoof
10-03-2006, 12:10 PM
That's awesome news! It's so rewarding when you get to see the fruits of your labour, isn't it?

I was surprised by Ninja last night when he came out to the middle of the kitchen floor for cuddles. He'd done it once before the two days of carrier fiasco, but I really didn't expect him to revert that fast!

Yay for Elsa, and yay for you!

Kay
10-03-2006, 01:19 PM
CongratulationsElsa. I bet that made your day, Luke. Just a thought but this sudden show of affection could be because she is beginning to come into call. Phoebe is so aloof most of the time but a few days before she is in full call she becomes all lovey-dovey.

Fran
10-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Great news Luke!

Luke
10-03-2006, 05:56 PM
And would you believe who is sitting ON MY LAP as i type this?!?!?! :D:D

CJK
10-03-2006, 06:01 PM
awww thats great to hear luke.
She's one lovely little girl

Snoof
10-03-2006, 06:12 PM
And would you believe who is sitting ON MY LAP as i type this?!?!?! :D:D
Yaaaaaaaaay! Elsa's a lucky girl to have such a patient pet human :lol:

Luke
10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Yaaaaaaaaay! Elsa's a lucky girl to have such a patient pet human :lol:
Yes and also one with a lot of spare blood to be slashed from their hands..by claws...

Snoof
10-03-2006, 06:22 PM
:lol:

I got lucky - Ninja has never been violent toward me. He's tried to take an arm off our housemate, but the housemate really had it coming at the time :lol:

Elaine
10-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Great news Luke, good on that lovely caring kitty;)

Sweet
10-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Really good news to hear Luke, now shes settled as you type you will have a kitty on your lap whenever your online

Donna
10-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Glad Elsa is getting friendly!!!!

Moli
10-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Thats brilliant Luke, good on you for having the patience to coax her round...

dandysmom
11-03-2006, 03:58 AM
That is such good news! Watch that she doesn't get on the keyboard as you type; Patches did that the other night & added a garbled message to the end of my post...she doesn't know how to use spell-check (tee-hee!):roll: :-D :-D

Luke
11-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone..shes going from strength to strength..even stage dived off the sofa onto the laps of three 6 year olds....which for Elsa is an even HUGER step:D