PDA

View Full Version : Planted radish seed today

dandysmom
09-03-2006, 10:36 PM
It may be a tad early, but took a gamble & put radish seed in the planter by my front walk where I normally have lobelias & begonias in the Summer...figure I can get a crop before it's time to put in the annuals. We've had a nasty cold Winter, but a warm front is coming thru: in mid 60's today & forecast in the 70's for a week, so chancing it...I'm sick of the cold, & looking forward to see something coming up...besides, radishes are a cool-weather crop...wish me luck...if the squirrels don't dig them up could be picking some for the salad soon!!:-D

EmmaG
09-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Good luck, I have bought some radish seed (along with a 1000 other different seeds lol) I am hoping to get my seeds planted before the end of March, weather looks terrible on Sunday for gardening, and I am itching it get out and do some!!!

I have even bought some lemongrass to grow ;)

Donna
09-03-2006, 11:51 PM
That would be my next step if my plant seeds work out - actually growing and eating something!!!! Its really amazing!!!

dandysmom
10-03-2006, 03:52 AM
Try some radish seed! They are so simple to grow, not fussy...and it is so much fun to go to the garden & pluck something you have grown..do try it!:-D