PDA

View Full Version : went to see the litter

jenny
08-03-2006, 09:11 PM
hey all,
well we went to visit the new litter of kittens we found on tuesday.
They are only 2 weeks old at the mo, so wont be ready for a while yet.

can anyone tell me whats the best way to pick a kitten.
We are going to go back and see them in a few weeks time to pick one, and as we are looking for a boy, there will only be 2 to choose from anyway.

Fran
08-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Blimey, you were lucky to have been allowed to go if they are only 2 weeks old. I don't allow any strangers near my puppies until they are at least 4 weeks old because of the risk of possible infection and stress to mum!

I generally find that the puppy/kitten chooses you ;) Avoid the one that sits in the corner and seems antisocial, make sure they seem confident around people and are not nervous, check their eyes are clean as are their bottoms. They should appear interested and alert..

Good luck!

Moli
08-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Think Pk has more than covered what to look for Jenny....
Good luck hope you find your baby soon!!

Mags
08-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Good luck with choosing your kitty Jenny......

Kim
08-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Good luck Jenny. I agree with Fran, clean bottoms, eyes and noses, no discharge from them!!! lol. We were allowed to see Misty when he was 2 weeks old, but obviously were not allowed to touch him.

Donna
08-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Very exciting!!! Hope you find your kitty!!!

dandysmom
08-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Of course the usual about clean eyes, bottoms, etc., but must admit have a weakness for the shy little one who hangs back a bit from the pack...he/she might be just the one who would flourish at being the well-loved only cat....well, just my opinion...

yola
09-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Of course the usual about clean eyes, bottoms, etc., but must admit have a weakness for the shy little one who hangs back a bit from the pack...he/she might be just the one who would flourish at being the well-loved only cat....well, just my opinion...

Oh me too Dandysmom!!! It's what made me fall in love with my little Balie - he was such a shy, nervous little chap that my heart just melted. He's no real problem apart from his wariness of strangers (sometimes he even makes himself jump LOL), and he's never really been ill, apart from the occasional bout of cystitis.

Sweet
09-03-2006, 08:51 PM
See my extra long reply to other thread