PDA

View Full Version : How did you know your cat was the kitty for you?

JemBob
08-03-2006, 09:04 PM
JUst sitting here stroking oscar thinking how i knew, and its werid i just walked in melting at the sight of all the cats and there was oscar he saw me come in and came straight up to the cage door looked at me and that was it if those eyes could melt you in to a pile of butter they would lol....the lady opened the cage up and thats it i held him he was purring and rubbing his head up against my hand, and she told me his history i just went right i will take him lol :lol: he amazing just had him over a year now and i love him more than anything strange powers this soft furry little creatures have over us lol. He is just soooo...wonderful wouldnt know what i would do without him! :lol:

how did your kitty make you melt into a pile of butter?

Donna
08-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Chloe was one of four. Three black and white brothers and one tortie white girl. She as friendly and came right up to me when I walked in. Nosey and friendly. She was so pretty I decided straight away to have her.

Misty was one of about twenty!!! (two litters) All mostly black, all mostly sickly and ill but she clung to my daughter Emma when we saw the kittens. So that decided that!!!

JemBob
08-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Misty was one of about twenty!!! (two litters) All mostly black, all mostly sickly and ill but she clung to my daughter Emma when we saw the kittens. So that decided that!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: like take me with youuuuu

Donna
08-03-2006, 09:31 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: like take me with youuuuu

I truly believe she was so wanting "out of there". Wasnt sure of getting another cat at the time, but I couldnt leave her there. Would of been so cruel and would of spent the rest of my life wondering if she was ok, did she survive etc etc.

Moli
08-03-2006, 09:32 PM
When I went to get Merlin, he has 5 brothers and sisters, and he came up to me and started playing with my laces, so he picked me!!

Oliver was the only black oriential in the litter...
Casper was the only seal point....So didnt have a choice with them..

Leo was picked by my son...

yola
08-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Balie - I had my heart set on a blue persian. We went to see him as a 4 week old kitten. He was the runt and nervous even then. He clung to my jumper like a little furry brooch and I was smitten.

Fifi - I wanted a red persian so we went to another breeder who had a red boy about 6 months after we'd seen Balie. 'Cept the little red so-and-so bit me. Sunk his teeth right into my hand and held on. :shock: Fifi was strutting around on a ledge wiggling her cute little bum and I said to the breeder 'she's cute, I suppose she's reserved'. She wasn't so I had her - she was beautiful even then.

Ferdy - he found us. I fed him in the garden for a couple of years before he finally came indoors and joined us.

Darcy - was circulated on a photograph by a CP colleague when discussing a totally different cat. She put in a line about 'the ugly persian's the one on the end'!!! Well that did it - there's no such thing as an ugly persian so I worked on hubby, and went to see (as he was then called), Dusty. He jumped into my lap and just curled up and went to sleep there and then in Kerry's house. Love at 1st sight!!!

Fran
08-03-2006, 09:41 PM
I have so many cats that I would be here all night telling you the stories :roll: :-D

Donna
08-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Think the fact is -

we dont chose our cats - they chose us!!!!

JemBob
08-03-2006, 09:57 PM
good point lmaoooo :lol:

Snoof
08-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I didn't. Matt had Ninja for almost a month before we even met. I think the fact that he'd been adopted but brought back sealed the deal for him.

Kim
08-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Misty - I always wanted a seal point Birman and when we found a breeder she only had reds available at the time. She knew another breeder who had a seal point litter and as we had decided on a boy, he was the only male in the litter, so no decision really!

Sasha - She came from the Animal Sanctuary, Redgate Farm where I am a volunteer. She was very thin and seemed unhapy there. She just appealed to me, but I did feel sorry for her. Now she is rather on the chubby side, very contented and happy, always purring and dribbling and loves to lick you!

Rosie - Another one from Redgate, she was all alone in her pen after the rest of her littermates were re-homed. I couldn't leave her there could I?

Sidney - Surprise, surprise, he's also from Redgate and we just fell in love instantly with this happy affectionate, disabled lad. He is funny, mischievous, cheeky and totally adorable.

Rosie
09-03-2006, 11:49 AM
My Rosie was a foster from a fosterer! I was asked by the fosterer could I mind her for a week or so (she was about 4 months old at the time) as she had a very boingy foster dog coming in. The rest as they say, is history.

CJK
09-03-2006, 11:58 AM
oatmeal and his brother twix were given to us, as they were free we didnt have the pick of the litter, were jsut given what the woman had left, twix and his sister maggie were the same a year later, from same woman.
DArcy, same thing really but slightly different, saw him advertised and fell in love with the pictures right away, princess partly saw pics in ad and liked her, but could also see from pics in ad she wasnt taken good care of which mademy mind up for me

Luke
09-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Clementine and her littermates came here after being tufed out by the lady who owned their mother n bred ragdolls, just cause they were moggies she didnt want them. And from day one i allways knew that Clementine was to be the lass who would stay..summat about those norty torties!

Elsa had something about her..she was once a very loving cuddly kitten, and the day we went too see her she kept climbing up and sitting on my shoulder so decided she was for me..wish she would have stayed a cuddley kit:(

Kazz
09-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Well I didn't choose mine they chose me the way it should be:-D

Sweet
09-03-2006, 08:46 PM
We wanted a kitten, and ended up with ducks during the summer - long story............7 baby Aylesburys!

Anyhow, in August we were told that the litter had been born and were we still interested (I had been to a BBQ previously and totally fell in love with their cutie kitty!).

On Sept. 14 2005 my partner telephoned me on my mobile (I had been on a course for work) and said........

"your kitty is on my tool box" :shock: .

Never owned a kitty before, not even as a child, I rushed to Jolleys our local pet store and bought everything! I loved her already and had not even met her yet!

Rushed to my partners work and was given this tiny tiny tiny bundle of fluff - I loved her from that very minute!!!!!

Left partner at work and he said he heard me talking to her on my way out of the gate and knew already we were settled!!!

Shes my darling....

Brought her home and she looked lost - booked her a vets appointment straight away and took her there that evening.

The vet said she looked unwell, underfed, and had runny eyes and nose but over the next 24 hours would be crucial.

We were not going to give up on her, started her medicines straight away and loved and cared for her.

It paid off..........

Violet is now 7 months old, although still quite small, and still a little worried looking when she goes out - shes happy and very loved.

The Ducks........

Sadly 4 refused to go in one Wednesday night and got taken by foxes - very very sad....

I rehomed the remaining 3 to a farm.

We had them from very early days, when they were fluffy and yellow!

I will try and find a few pics.

Julie and Violet xxx

- sorry its long...............