PDA

View Full Version : CJ - any interest in the kitten ads?

dinahsmum
06-03-2006, 05:42 PM
I know it's dead early, just wondered if you'd had any response to your ads?

CJK
07-03-2006, 01:41 PM
hi, yes I have actually. I am amazed howmany responses i ahve had.
One lady has reserved one, subject to liking when she see's it. She doesnt mind it it a girl or boy, just wants one that looks a bit like it's mummy!
HAd 18 people get in touch, most not replied after intial email, afew thinking the kittens are ready to LEAVE on PF's due date.

Two are looking promising though, and seem really nice people, of course i'llw ant tot alk to them on the phone and meet them before they take a kitten away, but if therye prepared to wait that long they must be fairly decent people.

While writing this have had a phonecall from the second lady iw as tlaking to, she wants one too.

Of course I kow they might change thier minds later.

The first lady offered me £150 ( i suggested she make me what she considers a reasonable offer).
I relayed this onto the second lady, (Ie make me what you consider a reasonable offer, i have had one offer of £150) she has ALSO agreed to pay that amount.

I explained the money wasnt thatimportnat, that finding very good loving homes was my main aim.

Lie i said i know they can change thier minds later on, but there has been an awfull lot of intrest altely. Onne lady has told me that the kind of perisan PF is are VERY expensive to buy and not very common, dont know if that is true.

I do plan to donate a percentage to a local rescue, which from these first two will be £50 each. I think it only fair to do that at least.

dinahsmum
07-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Sounds good. I'm sure it's a good thing to get people with a genuine interest and who have time to mull it over, rather than people who get enthused by lovely pictures and 'go for it' on the spur of the moment.
Excellent!
(and a lot of 'advertisement responders' are crazy. Had someone phone me last week (in response to my card in the pet shop window, which had the word 'wanted' as clear and the same size as the word 'kitten') to ask me if I had any kittens left :roll: ). Ho hum

yola
07-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Onne lady has told me that the kind of perisan PF is are VERY expensive to buy and not very common, dont know if that is true.

I do plan to donate a percentage to a local rescue, which from these first two will be £50 each. I think it only fair to do that at least.

Fifi, my lilac cream who is show quality cost me £350, but that was 7 1/2 years ago! And yes, it is quite a rare colour combination.

I think your idea of donating part of the proceeds to a rescue is wonderful!! Just today I've been looking at websites for persian rescues and there are some really worthy ones out there; not sure if there are any in Northants, but definitely one in Yorkshire and one in Bristol!

CJK
07-03-2006, 02:57 PM
lol, some peopl eh!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I did alot of thinking over it and decided that as i was going t let her keep the kittens it would be only fair of me to dontate some money to a shelter. I know it desnt make up for it, but it makes me feel happier knwing i have at least helped them in some way.

just wondering from anybody who works int his area, is best to make a money doantion, or take along a crate load of cat food litter etc?

CJK
08-03-2006, 11:11 PM
quick update before i go to bed....
have 6 kittens reserved at moment, I say reserved in the loosest context of the word, as one depends on colour, one depends if i ahve a boy, one wants a pair, and one doesnt mind waht sex or colour.
Of course they may all change thier minds later, or she may not have 6 kittens lol.

Amazed at the intrest so far, have had a total of 18 emails, a lot dont reply again though after the first one, some not wnating to wait that long for a kitten, they thought they were ready to leave on PF's due date.

Looking promising so far

Fran
08-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Great news CJ!!

Mags
08-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Brilliant news CJ!