PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for veggie lunches??

Booktigger
04-03-2006, 07:33 PM
I prefer warm foods in this weather, so am struggling now. I have access to a fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle. But, I do have to travel to work on teh bus, so has to be something that is easy to transport. I do have leftovers a lot, as I can't judge how much food I need!!

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 08:01 PM
how about making some ratatouille???

Goats cheese salad??

Veggie curry and rice??

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 08:04 PM
How about doing some jacket potatoes??? you can heat them up with the microwave and add a nice topping??? that and a salad would be quite nice.

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Cous Cous is another great lunchtime dish, just add hot water and a little of oil/butter leave for 10 mins and you are done, you can also add some fried fruit as well ;)

Donna
04-03-2006, 08:05 PM
How about doing some jacket potatoes??? you can heat them up with the microwave and add a nice topping??? that and a salad would be quite nice.

Oooh I could quite easily fancy a jacket potato Emma!!!!

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 08:06 PM
lol they are not low carb though Donna, but fine to have once in a while when you are down to the weight you want to be ;)

Donna
04-03-2006, 08:07 PM
lol they are not low carb though Donna, but fine to have once in a while when you are down to the weight you want to be ;)

I know, I know!!!!

Just teasing!!!!:-D :-D :-D

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 08:15 PM
he he :) :)

Booktigger
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Ratatouille comes in tins in this house!! Never thought of having it for lunch though, although should imagine it would be nice with potato waffles - can toast them at work.
Am fussy with salads in this weather too!! And not sure if I like goats cheese, but will certainly try that in the summer.
I do have jackets, but it is thinking of fillings other than beans (although I have mixed beans in tomato sauce) and tuna/sweetcorn. Do have some leftover chilli though. And I suppose next time I do a stir fry, I could save any of the leftover veg in sauce for a topping. Never thought of either of those before!!
got some microwaveable cous cous for work, it was awful though.

EmmaG
05-03-2006, 11:06 AM
fillings for jackets = coleslaw, cottage cheese, sour cream, curry, tuna and cheese, mushrooms and cheese, garlic mushrooms.

Never tried the microwavable cous cous before, mine you just add hot water and let it soak in, Sainsburys do flavoured ones which are great, mexican, garlic mushrooms, Moroccan etc.

dinahsmum
05-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Omlettes are suprisingly transportable! In warm weather just cook, cut into pieces and eat with bread and salad but you can also reheat them in the micro and they are fine. Plain or with herbs works best but you could do a plain one and pop a bit of cheese on top when you reheat.