PDA

View Full Version : Advice from CP/feral people please

Booktigger
04-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Got the form from CP to help get these two boys neutered, but the form they sent me is only for colonies of 6 cats or more - even if Casey is unneutered, that is only 3 cats. Does anyone know if there is another form I should be asking for, or whether I should just save the money myself?

smudgley
04-03-2006, 08:12 PM
As far as I know........... the feral forms are for groups of 6 cats.
But that doesn't mean that you must neuter 6 cats, it just means that they are allowing for up to 6 to be done from that colony.
I would just fill in the form for the 3 cats. :)

Booktigger
04-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Well, I upset Pebbles by putting her down and running downstairs to check the form - it does say a minimum of 6 cats. So, I dont know if there is another form I can ask for, although I wont be able to fill the whole form in even if another 3 turned up over the weekend - they need the person who owns the site (i.e. the person who owns the company I work for) to sign it and agree to paying some money towards it. I am scared of the person who owns the company, and try and get out of talking to him (easy as he is rarely here and has a secretary) - he is prob worth over £30m though!! Plus I have no idea if he knows about the cats, and what he would do if this was brought to his attention - despite having cats on the land, we still have such a prob with rats and mice that we use Rentokil - they were here in Jan, and last week we had to send members of staff to go and sort out a smell which turned out to be a dead rat (and are expecting to have to do it again this week with the weather). So, he might not go for them controlling the vermin. then I have to consult the vet, to see how much they would do a 'job lot' for. Am sure this is all to prevent you asking for money. I did set up an account for the charity I foster for last year, and we get a discount on neuters - I would only pay £16 each for a male, £22 for a female. But (and sorry if this sounds awful), I will be a bit annoyed having to trap and pay for them to be done when CP claim to offer help for ferals - my local branch told me to contact NCC for funding, and I am sure I said that there were only 3, and told me I could borrow a trap if I pay a deposit, but that there were other 'rescues' that could help with the trapping.

Snoof
04-03-2006, 11:22 PM
This just sounds like a lot of red tape for a good cause, BT :( I hope you get it sorted fairly and well, so the cats can live on without populating the world with more feral kitties...