PDA

View Full Version : Mollys first trip outside

Booktigger
04-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Molly has been outside for the first time today - she has been here since the beginning of December. Sadly a car turned up after a couple of mins, so she came back in. Here is a pic of her on her way back in.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/firsttripoutside.jpg

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Is she out the front???? I only let mine out the back - I know they can get out onto roads, but scares me lots!!

Booktigger
04-03-2006, 06:48 PM
She is, but purely cos I dont have a back door!! I live on a dead end street, and am near the bottom, and there are only 2 cars that drive all the way down, and only one on my side. Now that Molly is allowed out, there are 11 cats allowed out on my street, and no probs with cars (cats have lived to be 17 on this street and died from age related probs)

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Thats not so bad then!!! Sorry didnt mean to sound all funny, but was just scared at the thought as my road is a victorian street will millions of cars and is a road that people drive through so fairly busy.

Booktigger
04-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Dont worry - I forget that not everyone knows what my street is like. When everyone is home and no visitors, there are 5 cars - there are only 8 houses on my street. And as it is only about 5-6 cars long, people can't drive too fast down it, is a bit pointless really. And it is only about 2 cars wide as well. So fairly safe - my neighbours can only think of one that has been hurt by a car in 25 years.

Booktigger
05-03-2006, 08:09 PM
some more pics, she has been out again today!! first, checking out the 'garden' - will be planting cat grass there shortly. And Tom had to check it out with her.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/PICT0799.jpg

Then checking out the neighbours rabbit hutch, suspect Iwill have to watch her!!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/rabbithutch.jpg

And, just for Donna, pics of my street. First one is the bottom of the street - you can just see a wall behind the cars - there is a 20ft drop on the other side of that wall, so fairly quite down that end of the street. And it does show how wide the street is

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/PICT0800.jpg

And looking towards the top of the street. Not sure if you can work out where the street ends though, but it is just behind the last car.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/PICT0802.jpg

CJK
05-03-2006, 08:11 PM
that's absolutly awfull keeping that bunny locked up in a hutch with no run!
no bunny should be kept prisoner like that, I hope they let it out to runa bout everyday.
Cant stand seeing animals shut away like that

Booktigger
05-03-2006, 08:16 PM
OOh, CJ, don't get me started on the neighbours rabbits - there are 2 in that hutch, it is extremely large as it was custom built. They aren't handled every day, never mind put in a run every day (but we dont have gardens, or it would be a different matter). She thinks they are spoiled, and in the summer they are out practically every day, but in the winter, she even cleans the hutch without taking them out of it. Plus they aren't neutered - and she wonders why they keep humping each other - they are both female. She has given up telling me about that, as every time she does, she gets told they need neutering. They even had to be put on a diet - she just reduced their dry food intake and gave them more fresh veg, rather than let them have exercise daily.

Donna
05-03-2006, 08:19 PM
It is a very quaint street BT!!! Looks very quiet too!! Sure your kitties are very safe there.
day!

CJK
05-03-2006, 08:24 PM
oh those poor things. mine had access to a run in daytime during winter and 24 hours when warm enough, they also all get out to run around my garden at elast every 2-3 days, they have fresh veg once a week,a s you know i isnt too good for them in large quantities.

Theyre not always necessarily humping cos not neutreed as such, it's a dominance thing too. Jsut good jon they both female though isnt it!!!!!!

Still I suppoes at elast they ARE celaned out!

Donna
05-03-2006, 08:33 PM
I have bought a double storey hutch for outside when the bunny is older and well. I am going to have somebody build a run which fits onto the hutch so he can gain access to a run during the day. Worried he might dig himself out or the nasty cat in my area might get at him.

What do you think?

CJK
05-03-2006, 08:37 PM
if it's a nice secure run then i doubt any cats would get in it, my bunnies are all fine in thiers.
AS for digging out of it, mine havent ever managed to get out YET, but do try and dig, but dont manage to get out before i notice and fill the hole abck up again.
A lot of people keep thier bunnies as hosue epts now, RSPCA actually recommend it, does he sue the litter tray? all mine have one in thier runs and use them,e ven the baies are starting too, it's funny.
theyre quite happy indoors, and at least we can see your bunny gets to runa bout.

Elaine
05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
FAB pics Des:D Good to see the cats out and about;)

Donna
05-03-2006, 08:41 PM
He doesnt seem to notice that there is a litter tray. I fill his cage up with shredded newspaper all over. Then he has a tray with sawdust in. But I have noticed he goes anywhere except the little house bit he sleeps in. Dont know if they prefer something else to what I am doing with bedding etc?

CJK
05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
dont think you doing anything wrong donna, some bunnies jsut dont go in a litter tray.
mine have trays of dirt, but theyre outside bunnies lol

Sweet
05-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Lovely piccys x

Booktigger
05-03-2006, 11:02 PM
It is a very quaint street Donna - we are classed as back to backs, hence no back doors. And most of the cats tend to go to the bottom of the street where there are no cars (there are 5 rows of houses like mine, and there is a path going from the first one to the last one)
CJ - my neighbours rabbits have fresh veg every day - think they just have spring greens and baby gem lettuce now, but they did have carrots as well at one point. their old rabbit had things like apples and stuff.