PDA

View Full Version : VERY cross today.

borderdawn
03-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Today I had a phonecall from a woman who has 3 kittens she wants to find homes for. I explained we are a boarding kennel and Cattery only, and offered her the number for the local Cat rescue and the CPL, but no, she wanted money! The mother is a Siamese cat, she said, they are expensive! The father? well she doesnt know because the stupid c*w just let the damn female out in the hopes it would get pregnant! and why did she do this? well apart from the "money" thing, her 15yr old daughter wanted the Cat to have kittens!!! :shock: Since when did a 15yr old child become responsible for the type of decision that has ended in this situation? I really cannot believe it. It defies belief that an ADULT would even dream of letting a child make such decisions.

We had a long talk, and finally, I think I got her to understand just what a stupid thing she has done. The mother Cat will now be spayed (got from a friend for free when she moved out of the country) and I have managed to talk her into letting rescue have the kittens to find them homes. I have a friend that is going to see them tomorrow, and will take them to rescue and keep them untill they can have them if nec. She told me the female kitten is a bit "spiteful" like its mother!!!!!! and the "kids" dont play with that one much, so I think the sooner they are out of there the better.

A quick few quid on the basis of what a child wanted, really cant get my head around it. I'm fuming! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Snoof
03-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Oh man. What the...

I'm so sorry for those kittens :( I can't imagine breeding pets without keeping a close eye on (at the very least) the overall health and temperament of both parents.

yola
03-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Stupid, ignorant and selfish. It makes me angry too; I have to really reign in my opinions when trying to talk to people about neutering - especially when they put up ridiculous arguments such as the one above. However, more is usually achieved by rational explanation - doesn't stop me being angry inside tho.

Well done that you managed to talk her round Dawn. Let's see what happens!

Kim
03-03-2006, 08:30 PM
This makes me sooo angry too Dawn. Well done for making her see snese. When will people learn.... :? :mad:

Donna
03-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Stupid, stupid woman.

Well done Dawn for getting her to see how stupid she has been.

dinahsmum
03-03-2006, 08:45 PM
:roll:
Have you seen a lot of the current 'It's me or the dog'? Seems to be daft mothers allowing their 14/15 year old daughters to have (and ruin) small dogs as 'it's better than them having a baby' :shock: :roll: :cat13

Ye Gods. And we marched and ranted for 'wimmins lib' and they treat it like this :roll:

Moli
03-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Thank goodness you managed to talk some sense into her Dawn.....All she could see were ££££signs!!!!!

bobbie3917
03-03-2006, 09:16 PM
its sad
good on you dawn

borderdawn
03-03-2006, 09:21 PM
I will be checking she does as she says though, didnt trust her as far as I could throw her!
Dawn.

Elaine
03-03-2006, 09:43 PM
What a t**t!!!
Glad you managed to talk her round. Those poor kitties and the poor mummy cat too. It honestly beggars beleif........
Good on ya for keeping your cool and talking to her, must have really chewed you up inside though. I know I would have wanted to punch her;)

bobbie3917
03-03-2006, 09:44 PM
how much was she asking for them?

borderdawn
03-03-2006, 09:55 PM
She wanted £80 each.
Dawn.

bobbie3917
03-03-2006, 10:08 PM
not cheep then

dinahsmum
03-03-2006, 10:14 PM
They tend not to be Nat (speaking as one who has been 'looking'). Get any sort of pedigree, just add 'x' and ask from £80 to £150 (honest! half siamese, currently advertised!) :roll:

Snoof
03-03-2006, 10:32 PM
They tend not to be Nat (speaking as one who has been 'looking'). Get any sort of pedigree, just add 'x' and ask from £80 to £150 (honest! half siamese, currently advertised!) :roll:

Do they have ginger-point Siamese? :lol:

dinahsmum
03-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Do they have ginger-point Siamese? :lol:
Strange you should say that - 3 white kittens and one ginger! :)

Snoof
03-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Dear me... I should just keep my gob shut, shouldn't I?

Edit: Goodness me! Red-point and tortie-point Siamese... DROOL! How did I ever forget they exist? (I knew about red-points, never did know about tortie-point - bless Google!)