PDA

View Full Version : how far would you go?

JemBob
03-03-2006, 07:01 PM
was walking in town today hear this kids talking about dogs and how far they would go to save there dogs if it was in trouble....so i thought to myself if oscar was in any trouble i wouldnt even think about it.....if oscar was in seriuos trouble like fell into a river i would be straight in after him :lol: remember when i was little we can a whippet and she fell into a river but it was moving really fast and my dad just dived in after him and saved him....so basily if your cat/dog was in trouble would you risk your own life?

I would in a second:roll: strange aint it :)

Elaine
03-03-2006, 09:46 PM
I would too. I think in these situations you would act on impulse rather than rational.

EmmaG
03-03-2006, 10:08 PM
I would do whatever I could, even if it meant risking my own life.

Snoof
03-03-2006, 10:34 PM
I would too. I think in these situations you would act on impulse rather than rational.
Dito. If I had the time to be rational, I would have to consider my responsibility towards my son and probably come to the (rational) conclusion that I could not risk my life to any gross extent for a pet (especially as I am his only legal parent at the moment, and if he went back to his biological father he would return to physical abuse which has not been legally documented, and be ripped from the country he knows to live in America).

But acting on impulse, anything.

Jeanette
04-03-2006, 12:30 PM
I would do every thing I could for Luna and Oliver. They are my world.

Fran
04-03-2006, 01:01 PM
I would do whatever I could but risk my own life - definitely not. I have 2 children that are dependant on me so to risk my life saving one of my pets I think would be quite selfish. I would, however, risk my life to save my children....

CJK
04-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I agree with fran on this one.... the cats are treated like my kids, SOPILT rotten, but I do ahve the kids to thinka bout....jump in a river? yeah maybe

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Its a tough one. I too would think of my responsibility towards my children. But sometimes we do things in haste and not think of what we are doing.