PDA

View Full Version : Gardeners World - new season

dinahsmum
03-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Don't know if I should have put this in Gardens or Entertainment but the new season of GW starts tonight - BBC2 @ 8pm. It's an hour long extravaganza on allotments - but there should be plenty of tips for non-allotment holders.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_14_15.gif

(and Monty Don is easy on the eye!;) )

yola
03-03-2006, 04:41 PM
(and Monty Don is easy on the eye!;) )

D'ya know - he makes me wince, he's so earnest!! Would have preferred Titchmarsh - very personable, a good gardener and writes some good old smutty fiction in his spare time ;)

I like the programme very much however and will be trying to make time to watch it.

dinahsmum
03-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Yes - earnest. Can't quarrel with that. :roll:
He was near us at Cheltenham Cricket Festival a few years back, with his kids. He's a nice dad and the kids are curly too!

Titchmarsh I like - but his novels are excrable (think that's the right spelling. I think that word was invented for his books! ;) )

EmmaG
03-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I think both Monty and Titmarsh are quite nice :) must be the good with hands thing ;)

I love watching GW but I didn't watch much of it last year....and today allotments....great stuff ...thanks for the heads up DM :)

EmmaG
03-03-2006, 10:09 PM
arrrggghhh this was a repeat, I have seen it before, I think last year?

dinahsmum
03-03-2006, 10:12 PM
I watched this going .......'haven't I seen this before? I think I've seen this before.....:roll: '
Never mind - it was nice to look at productive summer pics of allotments instead of the cold reality of the current season (Rhubarb won't be long though!;) )

EmmaG
03-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Oh yes DM it was nice to get me in the gardening mood, shame the weather in Essex is going to be terrible over the weekend :(

Apart from some Spaghetti squash I have bought all of my seeds ;)

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:33 PM
I just want it to warm up a bit so that I can cut down the dead chrysanthemums and treat my slug eaten plant!!! Did get some stuff from the garden shop today that is safe for pets and children but not safe for slugs!!!!