PDA

View Full Version : Brought Some Seeds

CJK
03-03-2006, 03:51 PM
I already planted two lots in a germinator ( i forget what therye called now, lol)
and today got some Alyssum, as we have have tow long areas that nothing much grows in, so thoguht i would give this a go at covering them, got some NIgella (persian jewels) too, thought they loked nice on the packet. And for indoors some common larch and trident maple ( which I am told make nice bonsai trees, so hope that's right lol)

also waiting for arrival of 250 cat grass seeds 150 cat nip seeds and a sachet of dried catnip.

Thinkt he cats are gonna love the gardening this year lol

oh and if anyone has a netto near them theyre selling packet seeds for 19p and a big bag of mixed bulbs for 1.50 i think it was.
I didnt get the bulbs cos dont know where to ut them!

EmmaG
03-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Wow your garden is going to look very pretty...

It is called a propagator ;)

yola
03-03-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't do seeds - they never, never work for me however hard I try. Now bulbs I like. I have masses of daffodils all over my front garden and would always find room for more.

Netto - can't ever remember seeing one round here - but will look online and check . . .

Thanks for the heads up on this one!!

*edited to add it doesn't even look to be one in Berkshire let alone Reading!!!*

CJK
03-03-2006, 04:41 PM
propagtaor, thats what i said wasnt it lol.

I used to live near reading (thatcham) a while ago.

ONly trying seeds cos they cheap.
I'lltake some before and after shots of my garden, before is a rubble pile,looks like a building site.

I'm useless at gardening, but thought i would make a bit of effort this year

yola
03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
CJ - it's amazing what a splash of colour will do to liven up even the dullest and tattiest garden. I'm betting it'll look great and the kids can help by getting involved in watering their new plants!

CJK
03-03-2006, 05:12 PM
well we got sevreal different sized pots, i put flowers in them all alst year, and they loked nice ( when i remembered to water them) but i can't remember what plants were in them so dont know if they'll come back up this year or not.

I'm a uselss gardener lol. BUt i really think I should give it a go to brighten the garden up a bit.

I got two of those cat hanging basket things too, gotta find something nice to put into them. not sure what yet though

yola
03-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Geraniums are great in hanging baskets; slug resistant, lovely leaves and bright, big flowers and will be forgiving if you forget to water (speaking from experience here . . . ;) ). You can now get trailing varieties so they'll overhang the basket if you wish them to!

CJK
03-03-2006, 06:32 PM
oooh thanks yola!!! will keep an eye out for some

dandysmom
03-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Geraniums are lovely in pots or hanging baskets, also petunias (easy & colorful but hard to start from seed...flats are better), zinnias. marigolds very easy from seed & colorful, bloom all summer, although zinnias do tend to get powdery mildew late in the year. The alyssum is lovely & very fragrant. Do try some of the summer bulbs like glads or miniature dahlias (they're easy from seed also) Sounds as if your garden will be colorful; don't forget before & after piccies!! The cats will love the fresh catnip; mine enjoy it all Summer. And the catnip will re-seed itself every year!!:D