PDA

View Full Version : Windy Lily!!!

Ruthlynn
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
:shock: Pheeeewww! Lily really does break very smelly wind!!:shock: :shock: ;) Is it down to food, streess, although she seems very calm. i'm used to a windly lab but for a small cat she can clear a room!!:D

dinahsmum
02-03-2006, 09:03 AM
That's very unusual Ruth. Whatever other bad habits cats bring, bad flatulence is not usually there, and any cat wind tends to be virulent but short lived (ie, the lucky person who has puss on their lap gets the treat but others in the room are blissfully unaware! :lol: )

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_15_9.gif

Perhaps she is lactose intolerant and therefore should not have milk? A lot of cats are. It could be a starting point? (if she doesn't get milk now I'm afraid I'm stuck :roll: )
Good luck!

Ruthlynn
02-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Love the picture!!:D :D
Thanks for the input DM - I think i'll go down the food route. She doesn't have milk so I can rule that out. She's on Felix kitten and burns at the moment but I really don't like Felix - maybe Lily's system doesn't either. I wish i were brave enough to raw feed. wasn't a problem with a 40 kg lab but Lily just seems to small to be munching on chicken wings!

Julie84
02-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Maybe it could be the Burns, Ruth?

One of my boys used to be very windy and I changed their wet food from Natures Menu to Hi Life and then Felix (as a last resort) and then I had a brainwave that it was their dry food! They were having James Wellbeloved turkey and rice kitten food as I thought it would be good for them but was obviously a bit rich. As soon as I changed the dry food (I changed to Autarky which says it is more gentle on tums) the windiness stopped. Murphy used to clear rooms as well!

Hope you sort it out.

PS Natures Menu wet cat food uses BARF principles if you want to feed more naturally. :)

Ruthlynn
02-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks Julie! yes - i guess it could be the Burns so maybe I'll give the Autarky a go. I've tried her with Nature's Menu and she quite likes it but it's not specifically a 'kitten' food - although I'm really not sure wether that matters too much or not.

Jac
02-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Did you find out what was causing the wind?

If I change the dogs food he can bring a tear to a glass eye! I would emagin it may be the same for your wee one.

Julie84
02-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks Julie! yes - i guess it could be the Burns so maybe I'll give the Autarky a go. I've tried her with Nature's Menu and she quite likes it but it's not specifically a 'kitten' food - although I'm really not sure wether that matters too much or not.

I had this conversation with the manufacturer's of Nature's Menu because I liked the ideals behind the food but was concerned because my boys were very young kittens.

They said it was fine for kittens but recommended feeding a complete dry kitten food as well or adding extra protein foods to their menu (scrambled egg, liver, chicken etc) which seemed to work fairly well for my boys - Tom's a massive cat but big boned rather than fat so obviously didn't suffer from the fact it wasn't specifically a 'kitten' food.

On balance I would also think that a Nature's Menu pouch would be better than a Kitekat/Felix/Whiskas pouch even if they were kitten.:?

Cat nutrition confuses me as I keep seeing so much conflicting 'evidence'.:roll:

If it helps, I also used PAH complete kitten food for a while when my local Tesco closed for refurbishment (the only place I could find Autarky) and they enjoyed that with no windy bottoms! :D :lol: