PDA

View Full Version : BREAKTHROUGH in the PF saga!!!

CJK
28-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Princess CAME to me for cuddles, ON MY BED last night!! :D :D :D :D

Yaaaaayyyy, am so pleased cos i know it means she feeling more at home. Settled in so well, and is now doing her morning workout chasing Mr Darcy around the house lol.

Tried putting newspaper in the litter tray, and put TWO litter trays in the hallway, but she still insists on using the paper on the floor to do her number two's on. Can't get her using the litter tray, off tot ry ANOTHER diff type of cat litter now!!!!
good job i got plenty of papers lol

Fran
28-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Sounds like she is settling in well CJ. Why don't you try some paper based litter? to see if that may encourage her to use the litter tray?

dinahsmum
28-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Paper litter sounds a reasonable idea.
Also, get some of the smell into the tray you want her to use - whether that means hiding an actual piece of poop or getting the smell on a bit of tissue and popping that in the box is up to you :shock:
(Don't we talk about lovely things on here?) :lol:

Mags
28-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Paper litter sounds a reasonable idea.
Also, get some of the smell into the tray you want her to use - whether that means hiding an actual piece of poop or getting the smell on a bit of tissue and popping that in the box is up to you :shock:
(Don't we talk about lovely things on here?) :lol:
And don't forget to wash your hands after!:-D :-D

CJK
28-02-2006, 02:30 PM
lol, well any idea are worth trying.
She ery picky about her cat food right now, wet i mean. She loves royal canin persian dry. but wet sehe ats few mouthfulls and then elaves it.

I remembered the woman saying something about netto, so,against my better judgement, i got netto litter and premiun majestic cat food. SHe GULEPD the food down, so must be use to it, going to slwoly change her over fromt aht to a better brand one.

By paper based litter do you mean using PAPEr or is there an actual paper one like the wood? this morning i tried scrunching newspaper up into balls and putting that in her litter tray. Still pooped on the floor.

Must say i never had to ltiter train a cat before! So it's all fun. Just the poop she wont do in the litter tray. Hence my hallway covered in newspaper, loks great when visitors come round!

CJK
28-02-2006, 02:30 PM
oh and has it got to ber her poop in the tray? cos MR d poops in his tray and she wont poop in there either

dinahsmum
28-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Her poop :roll:

Elaine
28-02-2006, 02:47 PM
CJ when she poops on the floor, does she poop just out side the tray or does she poop away from the trays altogether? When she pees in the tray does she behave like she cannt wait to get out of there?
Eva used to always poop just out side of Winstons tray and we tried everything to resolve the problem. I contacted an animal psycic who said Eva wants the blue tray in the corner of the kitchen. I thought, lucky guess that winstons tray is blue and that at that time it was in the corner of the kitchen. We have a tray in each room of the house. Just after last summer I moved Winstons tray to the bedroom as he spends much of his time there. Eva continued to poop outside the blue tray after we had moved it. Recently I remembered what the animal psycic said and moved the blue tray to the bathroom and gave Winston a new tray. It worked! Eva poops in the blue tray. Just a thought but if the Princess is doing the same, she may be expressing a wish for a particular tray. If she is pooping away from the trays altogether, she may be expressing a desire for a new location for the tray. If she is peeing in a tray and behaves like she cannt wait to get out then it may be that she doesnt like the litter. Eva's preference is catsan fine granuals.

CJK
28-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I havent actually seen her when she wee's int hem.
To start with she pooped in the hallway (right byt he front door, which is making me wonder if she used to be allwoed out). So i put a yellow tray there, she goes right next to it now but still not in it.
Mr Darcy ahs a hooded tray with door. I even tok the door off for her. But she still won't use that one.

Next time she goes I'll try putting a bit of her poo in both trays,s ee if she gets the idea lol.

So far I tried catsan hygenic, fussy puss wood ( didnt rate it much but then as it a brand nobody else of heard of is prob a cheap one) and today brought netto, but not put it out yet, so we see how she goes, as it a clumping one.

Thanks for the hints and tips, Willing tot ry them all out.
Mind yulast night i did put BOTH litter trays by the front door, she still pooped on the floor in front of them lol.

We'll find the solution in the end

Mags
28-02-2006, 02:54 PM
CJ, cats won't usually use a tray that another cat has used......could it be that she can smell Mr D has been in the tray?:?

CJK
28-02-2006, 02:59 PM
ahhh maybe. Should i disenfect it or get her a complete new one? I do steam clean them once a week, maybe that the prob cos the yellow one ir Mr d's old one

CJK
28-02-2006, 04:01 PM
ok,trying this for now....

disenfected tray then rinsed in boiling water, lined with sheets of paper and put netto litter on top.

Nothing yet, no poopies anywhere

there's a truce going on right now.
Princess pinched oatmeals palce on top of wrdrobe so he's on elliots toddler bed, and Mr d is on my bed ( elliot and i still sharing a room at mo cos only got 2 bedrooms and ryan not want to share with his ickle bwuffer)

dandysmom
28-02-2006, 10:08 PM
I only have 2 litter boxes, one downstairs & one in the upstairs bathroom, & they have always been communal...all 3 of mine used it, and when I boarded a friend's Siamese, she used it too..?? I hope disinfecting it works...as long as the poop is solid, not too much of a problem, but if she gets the runs...??:roll:

Tom
28-02-2006, 11:44 PM
sounds like he is setteling fine :)

Tom x

CJK
01-03-2006, 08:55 AM
my others used to share a tray, but it MAY have worked.Overnight we had one poop in the litter tray and one on the floor. So maybe getting some progress on that front.
Dont know if it the disenfecting the tray, the new litter or the newspaper on the bottom,but it seems to be making an imporvement, so will see how we go.
Got woken up by PF this morning, mewoing and rubbing her face on my nose for her din dins, lol.

Mags
01-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Pleased to hear there has been a slight improvement with the litter tray CJ:-P

Snoof
01-03-2006, 11:42 AM
My cats in America used to share a tray, as well. I'm glad to hear PF is feeling more comfortable, CJ :-D

dinahsmum
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Just something I've read, not me advocating this or saying it is the way to go.
Cats have very well developed sense of small and dislike strong smells such as perfume and disinfectant (not to mention disinfectants which turn cloudy in water being poisonous to them :( ).
Maybe the best cleanser would be your steam cleaner, without chemicals?
Or you could use the plastic bag litter-tray liners, which you just pick up and throw, and the litter never actually touched the tray so you never need clean it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/Dinahsmum/movingcat.gif

CJK
01-03-2006, 12:36 PM
ok, will try stem celaning it everyday, it no bother doesnt take long. I do have those litter tray bags too, so that's another idea.
Any advice is welcome or hints and tips Dm. If it helps it worth a shot.
the disenfectant i use is animal friendly one, i use it on rabbit hutches too, but NOT using it is worth a shot

Mags
01-03-2006, 02:15 PM
You can also clean the litter trays with a weak bleach solution CJ.....

CJK
01-03-2006, 02:21 PM
thanks for that mags, like i said anything is worth a shot, and anything that helps is worth knowing. If none of this works will get her a brand new tray tomorrow, see if that works.