PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats ever drool?

Snoof
27-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Just wanted to see if Ninja's alone in this... When you get round to cuddling him (like I did earlier, again) and really loving him up (two-handed pettings and scritches) he purrs and then starts drooling :shock:

Like, two big drops of drool will amass on his canines (sometimes, if his head's tilted to one side a lot, it'll stick to the lowest canine) and then run down his front.

Is this normal? It always happens when he got all loved-up and happy and purring, so I thought it probably would be, but man... It's a lot of drool!

CJK
27-02-2006, 03:00 PM
yeah twix does it laods if you rub under his chin!

CathyW
27-02-2006, 03:45 PM
LOL barnabys does that when hes in full fluff mode. all drool n claws :D

JemBob
27-02-2006, 03:46 PM
oscar does when he is in full cuddle mode :lol:

yola
27-02-2006, 03:48 PM
None of mine do it . . . :(

Snoof
27-02-2006, 03:54 PM
:lol: Glad to hear he's not about to drown in it... Although I wouldn't be too surprised :roll:

He just had me loving on him for ten minutes, then I gave him some treats and some more loving (mind you he's in the corner of the conservatory, I think he's testing me to see if I'll be cold and uncomfortable bending down just slightly to cuddle him!) and then got a small chunk of meat :oops:

Drool everywhere :lol:

janey83
27-02-2006, 03:57 PM
yes tigger is always drooling when he is in ex!:D we thought at first that it was coz he is getting on abit now, but my aunties 3 year old do it.

Mags
27-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Cassie doesn't do it but Sam, my previous cat, was a big drooler!:lol: :lol:
Every cat mentioned on here that has drooled has been a tom.......coincidence or not?:shock: :?

Kazz
27-02-2006, 04:58 PM
None of mine have but Cleo did for a short time when she had a bad tooth stopped as soon as the tooth was removed,:)

Snoof
27-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Kazz, the first time he did it I freaked out and thought it was puss :lol: Because he had his head tilted and it only came down one side... Then I had a closer look and it was clearly drool.

I have high hopes, with his current disposition, that I'll be able to get him in his carrier on Monday and get him to see a vet. He's been staying in in the morning so he doesn't miss breakfast (:roll:) lately, so I'm guessing he should be in about the right time... Just hoping he won't throw a two-week paddy after it, again :?

EmmaG
27-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Yes Arthur does it if I get him really worked up :) he will usually do this in the morning when he wants some love :)

Drools and dribbles all over the place ;)

Elaine
27-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Winston drools when having a nice chin rubb but Bernie is the biggest drooling monster and just loves having his chops scratched, chin rubbed, neck tickled etc etc:D
Eva doesnt like you trying to tickle her chin and lowers her head so you cannt get at her chin. She is such a peculiar little Diva.

Donna
27-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Misty wakes you in the morning by standing on you. When you rub her head she dribbles. She has dripped in ny eye before. Yeuch!!

dandysmom
27-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Cassie doesn't do it but Sam, my previous cat, was a big drooler!:lol: :lol:
Every cat mentioned on here that has drooled has been a tom.......coincidence or not?:shock: :?
Mags, good observation!! I'd missed that...the only one of my five who drooled was Scamper, a ginger medium-hair & when he was happy on your lap, purring & kneading, he drooled like crazy...

Donna
28-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Mags, good observation!! I'd missed that...the only one of my five who drooled was Scamper, a ginger medium-hair & when he was happy on your lap, purring & kneading, he drooled like crazy...

My Misty is not a boy!!!:shock:

logoes
28-02-2006, 09:21 PM
My champion drooler was Spooky , a stray that it took me months to tame but once he had accepted me he really could soak my sleeve!! India also drools but that is probably because of the accident to her jaw and not having any teeth left - well, only one and the Vet wants that out once she has really settled. Hi Dandysmom, I sent you a PM in reply to yours, did you get it?Logoes.

Moli
28-02-2006, 09:30 PM
None of my boy's drool..............