PDA

View Full Version : the cost of cats

CJK
25-02-2006, 11:00 PM
IS it jsut me or are people wanting a heck of a lot of money for moggie kittens?
so far i ahve seen them for £100-£130 for non-pedigree as one describes her kittens.
I think that a silly price personally.
I understnad charge a price, but that much?

ormaybe it jsut been a while since i brought a moggie

Luke
25-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Hmmmn does seem pricey..we paid 110 (i think!) for Elsa and shes a Maine Coon cross British SHorthair......i have seen moggy kittens go for up to 150:shock:|

CJK
25-02-2006, 11:12 PM
it's crazy isnt it!!!
i wouldnt ay it for amoggy i am afraid, no ffense to moggies cos i got tow and theyre great

Snoof
25-02-2006, 11:17 PM
I'll pay whatever my local rescue charges (£50 per cat or kitten). Not only does it make me happier to give a rescue cat a home, it also means they come spayed or neutered (or with a voucher for the procedure) and with as much of their first round of vaccines as possible age-wise. And micro-chipped.

Part of why I probably won't ever get a pedigree is that it doesn't make a lot of sense to me financially.

CJK
26-02-2006, 03:58 AM
yeah dont mind paying from rescues but just saying these people are obviously just trying to make some money.

CathyW
26-02-2006, 08:50 AM
my 2 brothers where freebees, their old mum just wanted them to have a good home.:D

CJK
26-02-2006, 09:23 AM
oatemal and his brother pilcahrd were freebeis, and then a year later twix and his sister Maggie were, all from same woman.
Mr D and princess were NOT freebies lol

bobbie3917
26-02-2006, 02:08 PM
until i had a prdigree i had never paid for a cat

the local pet shop sells kittens (yes i know i hate it but they are well looked after) and they have told me that they now have to pay for the kittens as before they had them free. so they used to sell them for £20 and now they sell them for much much more as they have to cover there costs

CJK
26-02-2006, 02:10 PM
i didnt know ept shops sold kittens anymore. HAvent seen kittens in any for ages. They gotta cover thier costs i know, but there ads for moggies for £100, even seen one for £200 in london! I can get a pedigree for not much more

bobbie3917
26-02-2006, 02:36 PM
i know what you mean Cjk thats also 1 reason i went for a pedigree i when i started looking for a new cat 2 years ago all moggies were over the £100 mark so i thought for a little more i could get a pedigree and my OH at the time agreed with me

although i did pay a lot more than that for Mittens at least i know she had all her kitten jabs her sire and dam where health tested and had come from a good cearing breeder