PDA

View Full Version : Twix got a mouse

CJK
25-02-2006, 09:55 PM
I saw the back security light go on so asked Ryan to let twix in,a s iw as changing elliot ready for bed.
I heard Ryan at the back door hissing at twix, so i said he wont come in if you hiss. This is when ryan told me twix had a mosue. So i am out in the garden in my jimmies chasing twix away, and on ryans instructions, now have the injured though not dead mouse!
He is wrapped in the cat bath towel, in an old picnic hamper that i kept the baby rabbits in, full of straw under the duvet and tarpaulin i cover the rabbit hutches in, so i dont think it'll get cold.

Dont know what I am going to do come morning when it is more than likely dead and ryan asks about it.
I cant see any blood anywhere so maybe it'll be ok. but usually i think they die from shock. Poor little thing, sometimes i hate cats habbits. I know it natural to a cat but theyre horrible the way they play with them.

(i know i am too soft!)

Sweet
26-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Hows the mouse CJK? today?

CJK
26-02-2006, 06:20 PM
it died overnight, but i didnt wanna upset the kids so i told them when i opened the box it ran away. I buried it in the garden!

Donna
26-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Poor ickle mousey. At least you didnt upset the children. Little white lies are essential when you have children!!

CJK
26-02-2006, 07:16 PM
arent they just! ryan wouldnt go to bed last night cos he kept saying he was worried about the mouse. one of those unfortuante things. I've tried putting collars on twix, but he looses them, sofar he had four diamante ones nad two tuff lock ( snap lock safety things) so i don't know what else to try with him,

Donna
26-02-2006, 07:51 PM
arent they just! ryan wouldnt go to bed last night cos he kept saying he was worried about the mouse. one of those unfortuante things. I've tried putting collars on twix, but he looses them, sofar he had four diamante ones nad two tuff lock ( snap lock safety things) so i don't know what else to try with him,

Just tell him that he is allowed to play/catch/kill mice, but just dont bring them home. I am sure he will follow your instructions :shock: :-D

CJK
26-02-2006, 08:05 PM
lol, i doubt hat. You shoule see we we had brought to us in the summer, a headless rat, three of four mice few birds and even a dead hamster!!!!!!!!
( i did try and find it's owner to offer to replace it but never did)