PDA

View Full Version : got some news- dont go loopy at me!!

CJK
21-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Just had an email from a lady not far from me. Her friend got a persian girl, but the hubby wouldnt let her have it in the house, so this lady I've been in touch with has been looking after the girl.
To cut a long story short, this gorgeous girl will hopefully be joining me sometime this week!!
It is so weird how I have always wanted a persian, a long haired done, and suddenly one comes along when I least expected it to.

here she is :

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/cjk231176/420001.jpg

Moli
21-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Is she a pure Persian CJ, she is a pretty girl.......

JemBob
21-02-2006, 10:24 PM
awwwwwwwww she is beautyful

mishmunnypenny
21-02-2006, 10:26 PM
she is very pretty! and very lucky to have somewhere to go where she will be loved

Mags
21-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Lovely! What are you going to call her CJ?

JemBob
21-02-2006, 10:32 PM
call her snoppy!

random
22-02-2006, 12:16 AM
:mrgreen: Congratulations :mrgreen:

CJK
22-02-2006, 06:29 AM
well, she is called fragyl at the moment, but to be honest i dont like it, but seeing as she is two it may be too late to change it. I think Fraya suits her more.
I am told she is pedigree. I think she looks like a fluffy version of MR Darcy lol. quite similar looking.

when she gets here she gonna get the same treatment Mr D did, lovely long combing, good check over, and maybe even a bath, can anyone tell me what shampoo to use on her? I know you can use aby shampoo on dogs, and i know our vet said we can use it on the moggies, but not sure about persians.

can not wait to get her!!!!!
and you know what i am like, be plenty of photo's to follow

Sweet
22-02-2006, 10:13 AM
She looks gorgeous, you will spoil her rotten, she will love her new home and family x

CJK
22-02-2006, 10:35 AM
spolit? my cats? nah!!!! they dont get to sleep on sofas and beds, they dont get cuddles all day long, or new toys at least once a week.
I dont get a cold bum cos the cats are on the bed with all the duvet and i dont wnat to disturb them, theyre not pampered and fussed over.

MUCH! lol

Mr D gets a comb every day, looks like this new one's gonna need a right goos combing, so hope she likes it

i quiet opften typewith one hand cos i've a cat in the other arm lol

Fran
22-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Ohhh Congratulations CJ!!!! Can't wait for more news and piccies :D

Luke
22-02-2006, 10:42 AM
She's very pretty.
She looks like a lilac cream?
Is she a persian or an Exotic variant?
She sure is super regardless:)
Best wishes

yola
22-02-2006, 10:45 AM
CJ - she's wonderful!!! I have to admit to liking the name Fragyl very much (maybe she's small and delicate so a name that reflects fragility is fitting) . . . however Freya is pretty too.

How can someone not want such an angel in their house . . . it's beyond me.

yola
22-02-2006, 10:46 AM
She looks like a lilac cream?

Luke - I have a lilac cream which is much paler than this. I'd opt for a lilac self . . . but of course I could be wrong ;)

dinahsmum
22-02-2006, 10:56 AM
She's very pretty CJ.
I like the name Freya.
Well done for taking her - how can anyone think a Persian should live outside.......with that coat!?!?!?
Now excuse me if I sound like your Mum - great that you have her..............now stop and consolidate. 2 kids, 4 cats and your bunny clan, plus your ropey health. Take time, continue your fitness regime and enjoy what you've got.
Sorry - lecture over.:oops:

Rosie
22-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Funny reading about pinching bits of the duvet. I am an avid member of a dog forum where a lot of us quietly admit that our pooch sleeps under the duvet:lol: My Holly (the lurcher) sleeps under the duvet and Rosie (the cat) sleeps on the other side. During the night Holly gets too warm and lands on top of the duvet so between them I hardly get enough room to put my foot (one, definitely not both) down to the bottom of the bed. Fortunately there are just the three of us sharing the double bed:lol: I dare not admit it to my friends who don't have animals they seem to think it is a sin against nature to have an animal upstairs never mind in the bed!!

CJK
22-02-2006, 02:03 PM
well, we have freya now! got her this morning.
All i can say is she she needs some TLC. her coat is very matted, some chgucnks of it i'm going to have to cut out. I bathed her and combed her as much as she would elt me.
She is very thin indeed, went straight to the food bowls.
She doesn't seem too phased about the move.
She is a very friendly thing, but extrmeley timid. Everytime I lift my hand to stroke her she cowers down.

SAD but I'll get her fed up alittle, and combed etc.
Havent managed to get to her ears yet, i can see they need cleaning but i think she's had enough.

She's met mR Darcy, she is ignoring him and he is peering out from aroung th ecurtians watching every move she makes.
I am told she is two (not sure) and is a lilac cream, but not sure on that either.
She's a pretty girl,a nd i am sure with some love and time will come around. She doesnt seem bothered by elliot at all.

Twix sniffed her then gave a quick hiss and went off out the catflap, which is now locked!
She took a good look around the house and has spent the last half hour sitting int he corner by the heater washing herself.

piccies on piccie thread.........................

Kim
22-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Ah, she sounds lovely, glad she has come to you for some serious tlc and fattening up! Bless her.

Mags
22-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Freya is a lovely name! Has she been spayed CJ?

CJK
22-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Yes she is spade.

CJK
22-02-2006, 05:29 PM
slight change of information to add.
Ryan wants freya as his cat, and wants to call her princess. So she is now princess freya!
I ahve a collar befitting a princess, at moment she has one on same as MR darcy, this other one (see velow) will be for when I know she ok with a colalr.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/cjk231176/P1010070.jpg

CJK
23-02-2006, 01:06 PM
we been to vets. She not too abd condition wise.
she is scruffy looking but some grooming and her coat should imprve. She weighs 3kg exactly, so needs to put on a little weight. We treated her flea's. Vet said she IS a girl and IS 2, so thank god two things passed on to me were right.
Vet said she looks like a lilac cream, but vet isnt 100% sure.
Can't tell if she been spayed or not, said we have to wait and see if she goes into season or not to find if they told the truth on that one.

Mr darcy has been given the all clear, nothing showing in any blood tests, so we can go ahead and get him vaccinated now. Twix and oatmeal are due next month for thier boosters, and Princess Freya will be done at same time as darcy, kind of ( i can only carry onbe cat to the vets at a time)

It's going to be a case of take one cat this visit, one next different one next visit, etc.
with leuk is over £200 ( think she said £219) without is £109 for them all.

Is it worth luek being done? twix and oatmeal had it once before. Vet nurse said doesnt really matter so long as they have the other vaccinations.

so, mr D fine, oatmeal foot fine now.
twix always fine lol
and princess will be fine with some tlc!!!

so all is settling down on the western front!