PDA

View Full Version : which cat insurance do you use?

CJK
20-02-2006, 02:45 PM
I never had insurance for my cats before, and although I ahve not yet had to pay for anything that would be covered in an insurance ( ie over an excess limit) I am looking into buying insurance.
So far sainsbury's are the cheapest I found at 3.75 a month.

Just wondering what insurance you use, how much, if there is discounts for more than one/two/three pets etc.

please excuse me if this has been covered before, but i looked around and couldnt see it anywhere

dinahsmum
20-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Here's a chat from a few weeks back CJ
http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/showthread.php?t=4250

CJK
20-02-2006, 02:50 PM
ahh thanks dm, will check it out.

CJK
20-02-2006, 02:55 PM
well it didnt help me decide if i SHOULD get insurance or not. AM inclined to think my two moggies can go without, and i'llc arry on puttingmoney onmy account at the vet's so am in credit with them.

As for Mr Darcy, sainsbury's do cover from 3.75 a month, but I have to look into if that has a life cover policy.

dinahsmum
20-02-2006, 03:04 PM
£3.75 sounds very good!

CJK
20-02-2006, 03:29 PM
been looking at it and i cant see anywhere if it says it is a for life policy, all it says is it annually renewable. See if ic an find out though

Booktigger
20-02-2006, 04:40 PM
You might pay more for him with being a pedigree, and there may be items excluded (Persians are more likely to get kidney probs, reputable breeders will test parents though, and am sure there is something else they are more likely to get). I am with Sainsburys - the excess on older cats isn't that brilliant, but better than nothing - the excess for under 9 year olds looks quite good actually. Don't know if they do a discount for multiple animals, I was going to go with one that did, E & L I think, but someone on another forum said to stay away from them. I am naughty and have refused to have mine vaccinated against FeLV, so if she gets that or any conditions relating to it, they wont pay out. i just give money to the vets each month to pay for Gingers' boosters and blood test. Looking at my policy booklet, I can't see where it says about being for life, the cover is per condition and is dependant on you paying the premium. Customer Service Number is 0800 056 57 58, e-mail is PetCarecustomerservice@sainsburysbank.co.uk