PDA

View Full Version : Daisy (non cat)

Kim
18-02-2006, 05:09 PM
HI all

I know this is a cat forum, but I just wanted to tell you all about our darling greyhound Daisy who left for the bridge on Monday. You may remember that we lost our 'oldie' lurcher, Ben on Dec 15 as he had a stroke. Shortly afterwards Daisy seemed to go off her food and was losing weight. We took her to the vets and they couldn't find anything wrong, but took some bloods which came back clear. The vet felt she was pining for Ben. However, she did not improve so we took her back again, I asked to see the most experienced senior partner. Her temperature was normal and he couldn't find anything physically wrong and he believed she was pining too and gave her a vitamin injection and some appetite stimulant liquid. No improvement so back we went again, this time asking that they kept her in and took x/rays. Sadly they found she had pneumonia and a lung tumour. Despite intensive nursing at the vets - and by us - lots of strong medication and being on an IV drip, she went down hill fast and we couldn't save her. On Monday the whites of her eyes and skin were yellow, so her liver must have been failing too. It just seems so unfair; she was the most sweet natured perfect loving dog. She was only 6 (ish). We miss her so, so much and she will always hold a very special place in our hearts. I haven't been posting very much because of this, but as I have decided that it is too painful to visit the dog forums, hopefully I can post here regularly.

smudgley
18-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Really sorry to hear about Daisy.
It is such a difficult time & to loose 2 of your friends in such a short time is terrible for you.
Thinking of you.

RIP Daisy. x

dinahsmum
18-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Oh Kim, I have a pricking in my eye reading your story about Daisy. What a terribly sad thing to happen - you feel a certain inevitability about losing older pets, but 6 is way too young. :smt022 :smt022 :smt022

I hope writing her obituary will help the closure and mending process but it's still very early isn't it?

Lots of understanding {{{hugs}}} from us here, and you stay and do whatever you want - post, read, lurk, swear......that's OK.

Take care x

Mags
18-02-2006, 05:37 PM
So sorry to hear about Daisy....it seems almost cruel to lose two beloved pets so close together:cry: You did everything you possibly could for her Kim.
We are here for you anytime, to talk about whatever you wish.....
Take care Kim (((((hugs)))))

Run free dear Daisy x

Donna
18-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Kim, so sorry to hear of your loss. Two pets in such a short time must be devestating. ((Hugs)) to you x

Jac
18-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Oh Kim My heart goes out to you and your fammily. It is so difficult to loose one pet never mind two in such a short space of time. At least she is pain free now. You did everything humanley possible for her. Hugs to you and your family (((((((()))))) and post here when ever the mood takes.

Kazz
18-02-2006, 06:42 PM
I am so sorry to read this, my heart goes out to you. Please take care and hope to see you around occasionaly Karen

Kim
18-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Thank-you all for your lovely messages.

I really do feel we did everything we possibly could for Daisy, so at least I don't have guilt to add to my sadness right now. Daisy was a rescue and we only had her for just over 2 years; despite the emptiness I am feeling, I am so glad we had her to share our lives with, however short that time was to be. The cats are getting lots of damp kisses and cuddles at the moment, thank goodness for them. It is so helpful to be able to share my feelings with people who truly understand the devastation that a loss of a much loved pet brings. Daisy is the picture on my avatar.

Fran
18-02-2006, 10:44 PM
So sorry to hear this very sad news Kim :cry: Thinking of you {{{Hugs}}} We are here if you need us x

RIP Daisy http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Rainbowbridge.jpg