PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Coventry

Shirley-ann
18-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Hi Just thought i would introduce myself and Harry.
I live in Coventry with my hubby the kids have both flown the nest. When they left home hubby and i were left with George who had been with the family for over 11 years he came to us as a stray and never went away. Alas Georges health began to deteriorate a visit to the vets confirmed acute kidney failure. We kept the little man as long as we could giving him all our love and attention but that did not seem to be enough he withdrew into himself and wanted to be on his own more and more. A freind of our daughter is a senior vetinary nurse told us it was Georges time so we were forced to do that one last thing for him to end his suffering.
The house was an empty place without him as i am at home all day i missed him so much. Looking on the PC at all the photos of George made it no better. We knew that we could never replace him but i needed the company,love and affection of another kitty. Hubby and i decided we would try and find a cat that needed a loving home. We found Well Cat in Birmingham and found Harry.
We took Harry home with us and have had him a week now the bonding process has started and he knows we love him.

We Have just had Georges ashes returned from the pet crematoium. He is in a beautiful wooden cask and sits by the TV.

Hope to chat with you again soon.

regards

Shirley_ann

Mags
18-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi Shirley-ann http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/flowers/043.gif to Catpages!!
Although we have chatted before, I'm glad you found your way to the Introductions thread as we can give you your official welcome here!:-P

So sorry to hear about George, sounds like he was one special boy...RIP George...

I hope you will like it here, we try to keep this a very friendly forum with a mixture of the serious and the humour
Look forward to hearing more about Harry........:-P

smudgley
18-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi Shirley-ann.

Welcome to CP. I am Smudgley & I am from West Midlands, but I work in Warwick, so just down the road from you. We also have a CP member (Luke) who is from Coventry.

Tell us more about Harry. What colour is he?

I have 2 cats (well 3 soon:cool: )

Take care, look forward to chatting to you.

Shirley-ann
18-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome:D Yes George was special and always will have a place in our hearts.

Harry is a very handsome all black boy with only the faintest hint of white on his chest. As soon as i work out how to post pictures he will appear for you all to see.

He has been with us for 1 week today. He has got a bit of a sticky left eye at the minute, so we took him straight to the vets they prescibed AUREOMYCIN ointment and a 5 day course of anti biotics he lets us treat him without any fuss at all and swallows his tablets like a good boy.

dinahsmum
18-02-2006, 11:14 AM
:smt039 Hi there - Welcome to CatPages - to you and Harry. We look forward to hearing more about him

Tom
18-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Hiya Shirley-Ann,

Welcome to CatPages!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about george but you made the right decision ... RIP George.

Tom x

CJK
18-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Hello shirley-ann
Sorry to hear about george. A sad time i kow, Two eyars ago we lsot a 4 month old girl. Hubby has her ashes.

Glad to hear harry is settling in well, hope you enjoy this forum, sure you will

bobbie3917
18-02-2006, 12:34 PM
hello and welcome

Kazz
18-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Hello and welcome, look forward to hearing more from you, Karen

Jac
18-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi and a warm welcome. As Mags said we all have a good banter.
I'm so sorry you lost your lovely George, I'm sure harry will keep you on your toes though. Looking forward to chatting to you.

Donna
18-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Hello and Welcome

Sorry to hear about George. Look forward to chatting to you and seeing a piccy of Harry soon.

Fran
18-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Warm welcome to Catpages.....looking forward to chatting to you

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/1.gif

Elaine
18-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Hello and welcome, so very sorry about george xxx