PDA

View Full Version : think we need to go vets

CJK
14-02-2006, 09:54 AM
You may remember how friday i said oatmeal came home limping with a tiny amount of blood on his paw?

Well, i have managed to get a good look at it several times since then, and have been celaning and spraying with antiseptic stuff twice a day jsut in case.
He has cut the pad a bit, only about 1cm long, it's kinda white looking.
Apart from this there seems to eb nothing wrong with his paw, the rest doesnt hurt to touch or bend etc, but from about 7 last night he wont put the paw on the floor. So although i cant see anything obviously wrong there, no signs of infection or anything, i think it best to take him to the vets in case there's something else going on.

i always wonder " do i need to go to the evts" but always do go anyway. I think my vet slike me, they make a fortune out of me lol

Donna
14-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Better safe than sorry CJ!! Once the vet has seen it then at least it is peace of mind.

CJK
14-02-2006, 05:45 PM
popped to vets while getting new cat litter thing. she asid she cant see anything other than the cut apd and give it a few more days to heal. If no better go back again

Fran
14-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Glad all seems well...at least you have peace of mind now knowing you have seen a vet

CJK
14-02-2006, 08:12 PM
guess so.
but he still wont wlak on it and is licking it all the time

CJK
15-02-2006, 06:44 AM
argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

right, I am off to the evts AGAIN tomorrow with oatmeal.
He kept me awake since 4 wanting a fuss, and pathetically holding his paw in the air everytime i stopped as if to say " look mum, poorly paw, need fuss" BUT
now I noticed it doesnt look right. It's got like almost clear stuff oozing out of it. That wasnt happening yesterday. He not licking it now, which I dont blame him really, but it obviously bothering him. He even waited at the top of the stiars when i came down, meowing at me until i had to pick him up and carry him down!!!!! ( i think he's putting it on a little bit)

I'm suprised they didnt mention his weight yesterday. I changed his food, but he still not lost much, and i dont know what else to do for him ont hat one, so if i think of it I will ask them today.
But i wont have an update until ab#lmost lunch time, I got docs myself at 9.10 ( about blood pressure and weight) and my vet shut 10.30-1pm.
thyere open weird hours,

9.00 - 10.30am
then
1-2.30 pm
then 3.30-5.00pm
saturday is even worse 10.45-11.15!!!!!!

if am lucky though they wont charge me another consultation fee cos of going back so soon. Poor baby though, he seems to be getting discomfort from it bless him. get him there soon as i can in the morning. I would change my doctors appointment but it's a two week wait as it is, at least.

if i can get back here by 10am i can get oatmeal there by the end of morning surgery.

but on another note, Mr darcy's sneexing has almost completely cleared up. IF he gets it again we're going down the testing for everything possible route

Jac
15-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Good luck. Please tell us how you get on with oatmeal.

CJK
15-02-2006, 12:21 PM
right well, I have totally gone nuts today :-)

oatmeal not only has a gash from between his mid two pads to right the way back as far as it can go on the sole of his paw, but it's infected too.
I cant get a really good look at it myself at home, cos one he's a big fatty with hiary paws lol and two he nips so you need two to hold him down. It wasnt that big a cut when i last saw it properly, but the vet explaind that this sort of cut can just keep opening more and more. She said had it be celan she would have stitched it up right away, but it isnt clean, fair enough it wasnt looking infected yesterday morning, but he has had injection for pain and antibitoics. he not allowed out, obviously. I really think they should have seen this was so big yesterday, unless it has split over night or something. another £34 today on top of the £27 yesterday!!!

but he'll be ok we hope, friday he stars antibiotics for 6 days too.

poor baby

Jac
15-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh poor wee soul. Give him a big cuddle from me ((((((((()))))))))) hugs

CJK
15-02-2006, 12:41 PM
bless him, i think he a bit dopey from the painkiller,s he jsut fell off the sofa!! he limping about. I forgot to say i gotta take him back monday if he still not walking on it for them to see if it needs stitches (if clean enough by then).

and he got to go on a slight diet too bless.

Mags
15-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I hope Oatmeal's paw starts to heal soon CJ......

CJK
15-02-2006, 04:14 PM
thanks mags.
It might heal better if he would leave it alone for five minutes. he constantly licking it or picking at it.
It must eb bothering him,but i cant see it healing if he doesnt leave it alone. See how he goes though.
gotta keep him for at least a week, more if it needs stitching, although at the moment he doesnt seem too bothered by being in

Fran
15-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Hope there is some improvement in Oatmeals paw CJ..The AB's should do the trick at clearing up the infection especially if you are keeping him in

CJK
15-02-2006, 08:20 PM
yup, i'm keeping him in and he is now letting me know he wants out. though how he can realisictly think he can go out with only three good paws is beyond me.
Has spent a good half hour meowing at the window. I feel sorry for him, but it's for the best.

Jac
16-02-2006, 11:07 AM
I think you should rent a room at the vets:shock:

CJK
16-02-2006, 11:51 AM
just how it goes with so many pets isnt it, sometiems they poorly sometimes they not. One of them things.

CJK
17-02-2006, 09:19 PM
well oatmeal seems to be getting better, He is again putting weight on that bad paw, albeit a little jubiously but it's an improvement, and he no longer seems to mind me dipping it in a bowl of warm salty water to bathe it.
still limping but to be expected