PDA

View Full Version : bedford and district cat show

CJK
14-02-2006, 09:45 AM
wood green in april.

anybody going?
I am thinking of it, but gotta get a blanket and white food bowl,litter tray etc.
may enter Mr darcy is non pedigree kitten visitor category ( or it something like that)

I never been to a show before, so may just go for a look around if i can get there

Kay
14-02-2006, 04:37 PM
I have entered Cory in it so I will definitely be there it is his first show.
You have to entry a mininmum of four classes (open class and threeothers) to a maximum of eight classes. The entries have to be in by the 19th March (postmark). It costs £27.00 for an adult for the four classes with extra classes costing £4.00 each, £22.00 for kittens for the four classes, extra classes are the same price as the adult ones. These prices are for non-members of the club and are the same for pedigree and non-pedigree alike. A catalogue voucher costs £4.00, catalogues can be bought on the day but will be dearer. You have to be there between 7.45am - 9.30am for vetting in else you will not be allowed entry and judging starts at 10.00am when you will be asked to leave the hall until 12.30pm after the Open classes have been judged. It is a long day as you can't leave until the show closes at around 5.00pm but it is worth it. This is a good show for stalls so bring plenty of money or hubby's credit card.
If anyone wants the show managers address to get a schedule please PM me. Also if you need a hand filling out the form let me know I will gladly help.
Hopefully quite a few of you will come.

CJK
14-02-2006, 05:10 PM
well,looking at it im not sure Mr darcy CAN enter four categories! so looks like we wont be entering but may visit it

Kay
14-02-2006, 05:14 PM
well,looking at it im not sure Mr darcy CAN enter four categories! so looks like we wont be entering but may visit it

Of cours he can enter four classes. How old will he be on the day of the show 29th April? I have got 6 classes that he go in that is without knowing his age on the day.;) ;)

Kay
14-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Make that 9 classes.

CJK
14-02-2006, 05:24 PM
he'll be 9 months, non gccf non pedigree

Kay
14-02-2006, 05:32 PM
he is classed as an adult then. He will have to have been neutered before the show. He can be entered in Any Colour Long-hair or Short-hair Half -Pedigree as his open class. Don't tell anyone he is a full exotic as he would not be allowed to enter even if he has no papers he is still classed as a pedigree. Just say one parent was an exotic making him a half -pedigree. As for the other classes he could be entered in Junior, Debutante, Novice, Limit, Visitors, Best Groomed Cat/Kitten, Cat/Kitten with best expression or Cat/Kitten with the most beautiful eyes. See a really big choice. Go for it CJ.

CJK
14-02-2006, 05:50 PM
hmmmm, am considering it then...
I still dont think he is a full pedigree, but nobody i ahve asked seems to know if half pedigrees get the flat face. I swear he has BSH in him!! maybe not though.

right, gotta get him neutered, which should be no problem now he ove rhis virus thingy, then need white bowls blanket and litter tray, and lots of cod liver oil and brushing lol.

just gotta see if misery guts hubby will take me now

Kay
14-02-2006, 06:02 PM
You can buy a show kit from Purrsonal Touch online they should also be at the show if you can't get it by then. Don't forget to take his vaccination card with you. You have to show this at vetting in. Pm me to get the show manegers address for the schedule. Good luck.

CJK
14-02-2006, 06:36 PM
had a look at purrsinal touch, not bad prices at all on there!

just wainting for hubby tot ell me if he working that day or not

Fran
14-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Good luck both of you!!! Think that show is a bit far away for me :(

CJK
14-02-2006, 08:18 PM
i doubt verymuch Mrdarcy will win anything, i know my others wouldnt, they dont travle well so no point upsetting htem, but it would be a good day out. only trouble is i gotta keep kids amused, and i dont think even they can walk around there all day looking at cats and not get bored, even if they looked at the other animals in the shelters

Kay
15-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Thanks Fran. Just wait till you get your baby to show then you will be as daft at me for travelling to the shows.

CJ, what' s with the negative thoughts. Mr Darcy is bound to win something. It is a long day for the kids though. Simon my 18 year old will look after the dogs for me and Kyle my 11 year old is going to my mum's. I am going to stay at my friends the night before and go down with them.

CJK
15-02-2006, 06:23 AM
well i dont think i can get there if hubby dont drive me, but maybe he can drive the kids home again and collect me later, it only 20 minutes from me.

Kay
15-02-2006, 05:10 PM
well i dont think i can get there if hubby dont drive me, but maybe he can drive the kids home again and collect me later, it only 20 minutes from me.

That would probably be the best option as it is a long day.

CJK
15-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Not 100% sure we entering Mr Darcy yet, might just come along to see the other cats and stalls etc. ( and do some cat napping lol)

cataddiction
17-02-2006, 10:10 PM
The schedule for the bedford and district this year for oriental shadeds is really quite bad, there isnt really any classes for them :(

CJK
01-03-2006, 12:46 PM
well, looks like I wont even be able to come looka round the show, hubby working and i cant get ehre.
Never mind. Be another sometime that I can get to, roll on the money for driving lessons

CJK
12-03-2006, 10:31 PM
well hubby wont take the day off work, his only days off are fri and sun. So we wont be going. But once i can drive myself we'll certainly be going to a few shows.