PDA

View Full Version : Tia needs a new home

Elaine
13-02-2006, 04:08 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Tia1.jpg

Hi, my name is Tia and I am 9/10 years old. I am a little shy and timid at first but once I get to know you I am very playful and loveable. I am currently exhibiting a behavioral problems in my new home, where I have only been for a few months. Unfortunately, my new owner is unable to dedicate the time to help resolve these.
Is there any one in the Aberdeen or surrounding area that can help give me a loving home for the rest of my days?
Say you will and I will love you always. xxx

Tia xxx

CJK
13-02-2006, 04:57 PM
awww she's a cutie, wish i could help out

Donna
13-02-2006, 04:58 PM
She deserves to be loved. Good luck Tia!!

Mags
13-02-2006, 06:21 PM
I hope someone can offer Tia a good home soon........

Kay
13-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Here's hoping Tia finds the right home. She is lovely.

CJK
13-02-2006, 08:22 PM
of course if i can have winston and the others too, then coming up there for four cats might be worth a trip up!

Elaine
13-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Not a chance CJ, I wouldnt be parted from my cats for anything;)

Keep your fingers crossed for poor little Tia please, she is such a lovely little puss and I am sure with the right owner her little problems would go away.

EmmaG
13-02-2006, 10:57 PM
awww she reminds me so so much of my Lucy (RIP) I hope she finds a good home soon :)

Fran
13-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Fingers crossed that you find a lovely new home soon Tia x

Moli
13-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Hope she finds her new home soon, she is a lovely girl..............

ajs
16-02-2006, 08:14 AM
She looks so much like my Zak who is 10 now and has no problems at all. She is a really well balanced little thing. What sort of behavioural problems is Tia showing, just out of interest? I am not really familiar with behavioural problems in cats.....just dogs.

deester
16-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Aww she looks lovely. Has she had any luck with findindg a new home yet?

Elaine
16-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Have had no luck so far in finding a good home for Tia. Have given her owner lots of info on solving her issues. Have also given her a contact number for a woman I know who deals alot in animal behaviours. I personally dont think Tia is a problem cat and that the behaviours displayed will be easily resolved with a little time and patience. She has been scratching at furniture and walls but she has no scratch post, she has one small scratch mat which I bought for her. She has also pee'd on her clothes on the odd occasion, this I feel is due to the tray not being cleaned often enough.
Have therefore told her owner that Tia may be with her for some time to come and it would be better for everyone if she tried to work with Tia and not against her. Owner is unhappy. Tia is unhappy. So surely it would be better for her to take on board her responsibilities and duty to supply Tia with what she needs, after all it isnt going to cost her that much in the end. 20 quid for a decent scratch post maybe??? And a few minutes to clean her tray out daily. I really dont think its much to ask her to try.

Elaine
21-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Have some mixed feelings about this but anyway here goes.....
I had a few offers of help to rehome Tia but her owner now wants to keep her.
After many lengthy chats with Tia's owner, she has decided to keep her and, hopefully provide her with a scratch post. I did buy her one of those scratching waves last week coz i felt so sorry for the puss. She has also agreed that it is not a sensible idea to leave clothes lying around for Tia to pee on and has also agreed to watch Tia's behaviour in the litter box, possibly experimenting with different litters and cleaning the box daily or twice daily if need be.
I only hope that she sticks to her word and makes that lovely little puss happy and comfortable.

dinahsmum
21-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Fingers crossed for Tia, Elaine. Well done in your persuasive techniques.

Mags
21-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Well done Elaine, I hope Tia will have a much happier life from now on....

Elaine
21-02-2006, 09:39 PM
I do hope she will be happy and that her owner does take everything onboard and do her best by her.

mishmunnypenny
21-02-2006, 10:13 PM
a lot of problem animals root cause is a problem owner... hope Tia's owner does stick to it, for both their sakes.

Elaine
22-02-2006, 02:00 PM
So do I, and I certainly dont want to go through the worry of trying to rehome her AGAIN somewhere down the line. I am still insisting that she goes for a check up at the vets. I have offered to take her myself and if need be I will pay for it.

CJK
22-02-2006, 02:49 PM
poor tia, i just hope her owner listens to you Elaine and take snotice, and treats this baby a lot beter.
Keep us updated

Elaine
14-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Tia's owner did not uphold any of her promises and ended up calling me again to say she was on the verge of throwing Tia out:mad:
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I had been talking to my friend Mary about it, she said that she was so worried at what might happen to Tia that she would take her.
I delivered Tia to Mary two weeks ago now. She is doing just fine. Mary loves her to bits as does Mary's husband. She is still a little timid but is coming round. Mary has two other cats and they dont seem to be upset by Tia's arrival. Tia doesnt appear to be too upset by them either.
I am just so pleased that it has all worked out well for Tia, oh and incidently, Tia has NOT displayed any of the behaviour issues that she was reported to have.
Mary is not overly concerned about any health issues but is allowing her to settle in a little more before taking her to the vets for a check over.

Mags
14-05-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm so pleased to hear that Tia has a happy loving home at last.......
Thanks for updating us Elaine......

Booktigger
14-05-2006, 02:36 PM
I am glad to hear she is doing well, and, as suspected, her behavioural issues have stopped. Hope she gets on well when she gets her for a checkup.

Elaine
03-06-2006, 02:35 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Picture137.jpg

Meet Mary and Tia. Tia has settle in very nicely and has taken a very special shine to Mary's male cat, Ferg. Tia and Kirsty, Fergs sister, dont quite see eye to eye but manage to tolerate one another.

Elaine
03-06-2006, 02:36 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Picture152.jpg

This is Ferg. It easy to see why Tia would adore him, he's a very handsome boy.;)

Elaine
03-06-2006, 02:37 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Picture145.jpg

This is Kirsty, not unlike Tia, its easy to mistake the two.;)

Elaine
03-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Sorry I completely forgot I had already posted these pics in the pictures section:roll: :oops:

Kay
05-06-2006, 06:32 PM
So glad there was a happy ending for Tia.