PDA

View Full Version : Pilchard needs a home

Booktigger
12-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Pilchard is a 7 year old female who's owners left her in their friends care while they went on holiday and then decided they were going to stay abroad!! The main reason for her needing a new home is that she has always been an only cat, and doesn't tolerate her 'carers' other 2 cats (so we want to home her from there rather than bring her to the rescue or me). They are going away on the 17th for 2 weeks, so might delay finding her a home. She is willing to let her travel (cat is currently near Rochdale), and she is a lovely cat, very friendly and affectionate. Here is a pic

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/booktigger/Pilchard.jpg

smudgley
12-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Oh what a beauty. I love the name Pilchard. Hope she finds a loving home soon.

Mags
12-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Ohhh she is a lovely cat.....I hope she finds a good home soon...

We call the Catpages cat in the banner Pilchard......great name!!

Moli
12-02-2006, 03:32 PM
She is gorgeous, hope she hasn't too long to wait for her new home...

Fran
12-02-2006, 05:00 PM
What a gorgeous girl...really hope she finds a new mommy soon

Booktigger
11-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Well, we are going to take Pilchard to her new home today. They want to foster her as her husband has hayfever so they want to make sure she wont set off his allergies, but they have done loads of research, and told me some things I didn't know, so am sure it will work out. Will know in a couple of weeks anyway.

dinahsmum
11-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Fingers crossed (as ever!)

Fran
11-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Fingers crossed for Pilchard x

yola
11-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Good luck to Pilchard in her new home. Hope it all works out great for her.:)

Elaine
11-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Good luck Pilchard, hope you and your owners settle well together.;)

Mags
11-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Good luck to Pilchard in her new home....hope it all works out for her....

Booktigger
11-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Well, teh poor thing hated being put in the carrier, and had weed in it on the way there (the people who were looking after her hadn't thought of putting newspaper in the carrier), so we had to wash the cat and the carrier as soon as we got there!! The first two weeks are going to be the biggest test, so will have to see.

Elaine
11-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Fingers crossed;)

Booktigger
15-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Well, apparently the son has set off with allergies (which they didn't know about) and the husband's have flared up. They were going to try and just hoover more, but Pilchard is so scared of the hoover that she soils herself every time it is switched on, so it looks like she is coming back. I am going to reply tomorrow, to try and give me time to see if there are any other things they can do - she has only been there since SAturday, so part of me thinks they just need to give it a bit of time, the poor thing has had a lot on since Dec. The family who were looking after her dont have carpets, so they don't use a hoover.

Elaine
15-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Aww thats a shame. Poor Pilchard:(

Emm
15-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I am very allergic to animals and I have 4 cats and 2 dogs. It takes time but your body does become used to it -in the summer when all allergies are at there worst I just take anti histamine.
When I fostered Tippy Toes I was so bad with her I would have to leave the house just to get a breath - but I did get used to it. Although I understand not every-one is as mad as me :lol:

Other things to try are petal cleanse, or an air filter

I really hope things work out for Pilchard - my heart goes out for her

Booktigger
16-03-2006, 05:17 PM
I also have to take antihistamines all year round!! They know loads of tips, but the main ones include hoovering which the cat is petrified of!! They were told about PEtal Cleanse, and said they had used an allergy wipe on her.The woman who had her can't take her back now though, her husband is refusing (despite the fact he knew it was a foster situation), and Pilchard doesn't like other cats, and the rescue dont have separate pens as such, and I dont have a spare room. So not sure what is happening wiht her yet.

Jac
16-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh poor wee scone! How is Pilchard now? In cases like this I just want to offer a home. The thing is I have two cats and a dog so I guess it wouldn't work:( I'll keep everything crossed that you find a home for Pilchard.

Julie84
17-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Oh, how sad. :( Pilchard looks gorgeous and really deserves a good home, such a shame she doesn't like other cats.

Elaine
19-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Aww thats such a shame. I hope Pilchard get some good news very soon and a happy home;)

Booktigger
19-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Seems like I forgot to update this. Someone on another forum (who lives in teh area) came forward. Just waiting for her to reply to me, as she may be able to see her and hopefully take her home this weekend. Something in her new environment is making her incredibly stressed, and we just have no idea what, so taking her out is the best solution.

Sweet
19-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Paws crossed for Pilchard x

Booktigger
19-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Still unable to get hold of the person who was interested - I left a voicemail message on her phone about 9.30 last night, and have been trying since 11.45 today. I have also e-mailed her with no response. She said she could have picked her up this weekend as well.

Julie84
20-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Hope it all works out for Pilchard.